IGNORED

12/09/19 - Opening Day of 6-day Firearm CHECK IN!

BowhunterNJ

Got there at 5:15.  Another truck was already there, and another pulled in behind me.  They were together, so I put my container of primers in my pocket, grabbed the gun and pack, and headed way back, a mile and a half walk.  Set up the umbrella in a light rain, and went to pull out primers before getting comfortable.  And went to another pocket to pull out primers, and then another, and went through all of them 3 times, then tore apart the pack and went through my bag of loads looking for just one lone primer. Nothing.  Waited to daylight and walked back out to find them next to the truck.  I missed the pocket.  Home now getting dried off.  Rain stopped.

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

Got there at 5:15.  Another truck was already there, and another pulled in behind me.  They were together, so I put my container of primers in my pocket, grabbed the gun and pack, and headed way back, a mile and a half walk.  Set up the umbrella in a light rain, and went to pull out primers before getting comfortable.  And went to another pocket to pull out primers, and then another, and went through all of them 3 times, then tore apart the pack and went through my bag of loads looking for just one lone primer. Nothing.  Waited to daylight and walked back out to find them next to the truck.  I missed the pocket.  Home now getting dried off.  Rain stopped.

That actually happened to me about 5 years ago. It sucked. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

That's really bad, I feel  for you. I will now put some lose primers in my pack,

Damn. That sucks. I always keep a primer in each of my quick loads. Just in case. Hope you have a better afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

1 minute ago, Slayer1962 said:

MGhunter66, you need some doe tags it looks like lol 

I am a desk jockey this morning 6 am i was in and on the computer. 

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES IT KEEPS ME GOING 

Did you like my picture of my Reese's peanut butter cups? They are king size. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Got up at 4:30 and decided to head to work instead.  I’ll take off tomorrow.  Looks like a weather break in the am tomorrow. Drove past a wma and two pieces of county land that had nobody parked at them. Looks like more heavy rain Saturday. Me being selfish kinda likes it knowing that it’ll help some bucks survive past the six-day warriors!

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

These weatherman really suck, I got up and checked the weather at 2:30 and 4:30 both times they shower heavy rain starting around 7:30 so I said screw it and went back to bed. Got up at 7 to just a very light mist . Went out to check traps and really not bad out with still no rain...going to get some stuff done around the house today and give it a shot tomorrow morning...good luck to everyone out