IGNORED

12/09/19 - Opening Day of 6-day Firearm CHECK IN!

BowhunterNJ

46 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Got there at 5:15.  Another truck was already there, and another pulled in behind me.  They were together, so I put my container of primers in my pocket, grabbed the gun and pack, and headed way back, a mile and a half walk.  Set up the umbrella in a light rain, and went to pull out primers before getting comfortable.  And went to another pocket to pull out primers, and then another, and went through all of them 3 times, then tore apart the pack and went through my bag of loads looking for just one lone primer. Nothing.  Waited to daylight and walked back out to find them next to the truck.  I missed the pocket.  Home now getting dried off.  Rain stopped.

I was always afraid of that . I end up tossing a primer in each of the holes for the screws that hold on the recoil pad for my stock . They’re snug and fit well in there . 

Due to some personal stuff that popped up, for over a week I knew that I wouldn't be able to get out today. For the first time since I've been hunting, nearly 20 yrs, I wouldn't be able to hunt the first day of 6 day. Needless to say I was pretty bummed. And then something happened... I woke up at 5:30am to take my dog out for his morning walk, only to be met with rain. It was raining pretty hard. And then I didn't feel quite so bad LOL.

Best of luck to you all diehards. Hope you get a big one.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MGHunter66 said:

Did you ask him to come closer :eyebrow:

I told my friend to use his grunt call to see if the buck would cross over. Don't know if he did. My friend is pretty lazy. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Had 3 does this morning and a 6 pointer just walked down behind me to the next ledge, I’m almost on top of the mountain and I only heard 2 shots today and they came from down by the road, CRAZY HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED! My buddies are down by Millbrook village they only heard 2 shots ! Almost makes you want the Deer Drivers to come thru ! Fog rolling in !
Can you spot my Trail Camera in the Tree?

2FB2185E-E5A2-4658-A994-E8C4017560D4.jpeg

441D7BE4-B4EC-4EDF-8701-A5855F7462A4.jpeg

B4498E15-A1A3-4FE4-B68A-6D06489F9006.jpeg

BFA1A40D-3A9F-4EB6-8A62-CE691B716A3A.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Crazy am no shots heard.  Just got the call my fic  card is ready at my olive pd. Not to long may be a little over 30 days. Did see a road kill buck around Flanders  shoprite 

I hit heavy fog this morning driving down Route 206 in Flanders. It was a bitch. And then, I had a dumb driver tailgating me through it. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".