IGNORED

Getting A Flu Shot ?

BHC

if you want a flu shot or any vaccine thats your business but my thought is on top of the fact its a chemical you are putting in  your body doctors now are limiting the use of antibiotics even going as far as not using the same one twice in a row  because antibiotics are making infections stronger according  study's, could the same thing be happening with the flu? the fact that the flu seems to get stronger yearly wouldn't it be better served  using  it on those more at risk ? but of course the money involved would not allow that to happen .just something to think about 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:14 AM, BHC said:

I have never got one, but last December 23rd I got sick...

But would the shot have helped?

I have never gotten the flu shot.  Correct me if I am wrong, however, here's what I believe happens:

(1) Science geeks get together and analyze last year's flu.

(2) Science geeks make a prediction as to this year's strain of the flu.

(3) Science geeks make a real cocktail to beat imaginary flu.

Granted, the chance of the flu shot hurting you are small, I still do not see why I would want to take the chance.

1 hour ago, username said:

But would the shot have helped?

I have never gotten the flu shot.  Correct me if I am wrong, however, here's what I believe happens:

(1) Science geeks get together and analyze last year's flu.

(2) Science geeks make a prediction as to this year's strain of the flu.

(3) Science geeks make a real cocktail to beat imaginary flu.

Granted, the chance of the flu shot hurting you are small, I still do not see why I would want to take the chance.

Flue is unlike any other vaccine and that’s the key. How is it different? It’s not effective like other vaccines and you have to get it year, after year, after year. 

22 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I never get a flu shot.

I travel so much and am exposed to so much crap that my immune system is constantly being tested.

I hate needles too, so a flu shot is rarely in my future.

Not all flu vaccines are manufactured using eggs; for people with egg allergies, there are manufacturing processes using recombinant technology. And for those who don’t want a shot, there’s a nasal spray, FluMist, made by AstraZeneca’s MedImmune. AstraZeneca said it would ship 15 million doses of FluMist in the U.S. this season.

37 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Flue is unlike any other vaccine and that’s the key. How is it different? It’s not effective like other vaccines and you have to get it year, after year, after year. 

Yup.  I've had the flu twice, it's not fun but I'm not getting those ineffective shots year after year after year  .  .  .  

13 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Yup.  I've had the flu twice, it's not fun but I'm not getting those ineffective shots year after year after year  .  .  .  

There maybe a time when I am old and not healthy and then it may make sense for me to get it. For now I don’t think I need it. 

I had the flu last year and it wasn’t fun but I recovered quickly. I was on my feet in 4 days. 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, midwestxpress said:

This is awesome, I just told my MD I'm leaving his practice. I can get free medical advise on njwoodsandwater. Who has the prescription book?

Who writes the scripts here? I'll take some of that Propofol stuff. :up:

Anywho, my employer offers on-site flu vaccinations each year. They're not mandatory, but when year-end evaluations are done for raises and advancement … I want to have all the brownie points I can get. lol

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Not all flu vaccines are manufactured using eggs; for people with egg allergies, there are manufacturing processes using recombinant technology. And for those who don’t want a shot, there’s a nasal spray, FluMist, made by AstraZeneca’s MedImmune. AstraZeneca said it would ship 15 million doses of FluMist in the U.S. this season.

Yeah, ain’t gonna’ happen.  I’ve never had one and don’t see the need to get one.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, pphantom538 said:

Age 66 and never had the flu nor did half of my siblings (8 B and Ss). Never had the shot and won't unless I need to because my body finally meets a flu strain it's susceptible to.  

You probably did but your body in simple terms didn't react to it but you have been e posed to and have had the flu in your system, everyone has.