IGNORED

Getting A Flu Shot ?

BHC

Think about this:

http://www.urgentcarefl.com/many-people-die-flu-every-year-us/

According to the CDC, the flu kills a surprising 3,300 to 49,000 people every year. This rather high number varies greatly in any given year, and according to many health experts is pretty exaggerated. Most years, US death certificates show fewer than 300 deaths attributed to the flu. A large issue in determining the actual number of flu-related deaths is differentiating the flu from other more serious illnesses with flu-like symptoms. 

With a population of 329 million the 49k number is 15 per 100k. The 3,300 number  is 1 person per 100k. Both numbers of cases per 100k are low and the over all number is believed to be exaggerated. 

So we are left with 300. That’s o.09 per 100k. 

Do you still think you need it?

Edited by Lunatic

Here’s yet another perspective Lun, which is mine for the most part this time. 
I don’t look at it from a death perspective. Like you, I’m not that young anymore but in great condition and health (🤞🏻) for  my age. Typically the flu will hit you during hunting season right, so I look at it from the perspective of not allowing a potentially preventable illness like the flu to take away a week or more of my hunting season, when I can get a shot that gives me at least a good chance of avoiding it. 
So for me it becomes a game of playing the odds and not wanting to loose a portion of my season that a simple vaccination could prevent. 

I think I'm going to stick with what the doctor recommends and every doctor and pediatrician that I ever spoke to said to definitely get it, especially if you have kids or are in contact with the elderly.  Who are all these people getting sick from the flu shot?  I've never heard of anyone getting anything more than being a little tired the day of the shot?  Usually I here people saying crap like "my next door neighbor's cousin's friend's mailman got really sick from the vaccine so we all shouldn't get that shot" As far as a money maker for the doctors, we pay next to nothing for the flu shot.  

I guess everyone has his her own opinion just be thankful we live in a country that still allows that...for me I have no interest inputting  something I have no idea what is in it my body that has had minimal testing  that is pushed by a bunch of greedy companies that pushed pain killers on us and we all see how that has worked out. and how do you trust a government that lets companies put shit in our food thats banned in most every country around the world they reason most of us hunt fish and have gardens.

Edited by buckhound

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

If that’s how you feel about it then get it. However this is not a good enology because  using a harness is not the same as injecting something into you body. The harness can not make you sick. 

as I said im only getting because im in the hospital and touching door handles etc all day long hundreds of times.

Im not saying everyone should get it or not.

after a ZILLION conversations about it most of the reasons NOT to take it are wives tales.

The people who say they got sick from it immune system was already compromised, s the does is so small it shouldn't effect you.

For those that did IF you have gotten that virus strain you more than likely would have been VERY sick..

For all the things they want to charge us for medically , the flu shot is normally free.

should tell you they feel it is GOOD preventative medicine if the insurance companies front the cost without any out of pocket expense on us.

It has to be saving them a great deal of money to do so

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, Pathman said:

Here’s yet another perspective Lun, which is mine for the most part this time. 
I don’t look at it from a death perspective. Like you, I’m not that young anymore but in great condition and health (🤞🏻) for  my age. Typically the flu will hit you during hunting season right, so I look at it from the perspective of not allowing a potentially preventable illness like the flu to take away a week or more of my hunting season, when I can get a shot that gives me at least a good chance of avoiding it. 
So for me it becomes a game of playing the odds and not wanting to loose a portion of my season that a simple vaccination could prevent. 

If it works for you that’s great,. But 30 to 40% means you will likely get sick anyway. :happywave:

We have no argument here. This is personal choice

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

as I said im only getting because im in the hospital and touching door handles etc all day long hundreds of times.

Im not saying everyone should get it or not.

after a ZILLION conversations about it most of the reasons NOT to take it are wives tales.

The people who say they got sick from it immune system was already compromised, s the does is so small it shouldn't effect you.

For those that did IF you have gotten that virus strain you more than likely would have been VERY sick..

For all the things they want to charge us for medically , the flu shot is normally free.

should tell you they feel it is GOOD preventative medicine if the insurance companies front the cost without any out of pocket expense on us.

It has to be saving them a great deal of money to do so

You maybe right but I’m very suspicious about the reason they are pushing so hard for it when statistically flu is a joke. Could it be the money? 300 deaths/year in a country of 329million. Maybe without vaccine this number would explode? Who knows?

And I may elect to take it one day if my age and health tells me I should. 

Edited by Lunatic

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

You maybe right but I’m very suspicious about the reason they are pushing so hard for it when statistically flu is a joke. Could it be the money? 300 deaths/year in a country of 329million. Maybe without vaccine this number would explode? Who knows?

And I may elect to take it one day if my she and health tells me I should. 

Where are you getting 300???  It's consistently in the thousands.  I think in '17 or '18 it was pushing 80,000 in the U.S.  

15 minutes ago, BHC said:

If you get sick from the flu shot, it wasn't the flu shot it was you're already sick

No, thats not what happens. You can not get a flu from vaccine but you get flu shot side effects that feel like the flu. Fever, body aches headache is a part of your body's normal  immune response to the virus in the vaccine. You can not get the flu because the virus is inactive./