IGNORED

Anyone ever poop in a box?

Rusty

I’ve had upper and lower done and in that order.  :rofl:

I’m a cancer survivor on blood thinners, so I get a colonoscopy every 3 years now.  They can’t cut anything unless I go off Coumadin and give myself Heprin shots for several days.  The cleanse is no fun, but the procedure is simple and you get a great nap on Propofal. 

1 hour ago, Rutting Buck said:

I had it done a few years ago and it gives you peace of mind. This interesting part is the cleansing agent is by prescription only. Seriously who would want to drink it just for fun?  I think it should be over the counter

everything I used was bought over the counter at shoprite.

No script needed for any of it

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Just get it done. Especially if your insurance covers it. Fasting and clear liquid diet for a day.Drink some god awful prep. Get some milk of amnesia. Everyone in room laughs at your naked butt. Wake up. Hope you have good results. Get driven to diner eat like a Viking. Hopefully don't have to do it for 10 years. F**K Cancer.

3 times and once in the box.

The box doesn't replace the probe.  I have crohns, therefor have the colonoscopies every 5 years.    One small polyp was removed and a few other samples were taken to check for cancer during the last probe, which was done by a different doctor than the first two.  He was much more thorough.  Go to Lindy at premier health on 15 by the vo-tech light, not Kahlam in Newton.  My first probe showed nothing according to Kahlam.  A month later I was hospitalized with my 2nd crohns attack, not knowing I had crohns after the first attack that almost killed me.  I had passed that off as food poisoning a year earlier.  Lindy wants me to have the 1" section of infected testine removed, and be done with the disease before it turns cancerous.  Kahlam wanted to keep me on pills,$375 a month, plus see him every 3 months for the rest of my life just to say hello.

The mail in box was to check for bacteria when I had some sort of virus.  Get the colonoscopy done.  There's more to see than what you put in a box.  Insurances will pay for it all if done with participating doctors and clinics.  My piss poor obamacare insurance even covered it.  I was a lot more comfortable getting it done at Lindy's, in the same building.  It was a lot better than having it done by Kahlam.  Lindy even took the time to go over the results and show me pics of the infected area, while Kahlam just said your ok and ran out to the next patient.

I went for the tailpipe inspection and it was painless.  I was worried about feeling violated afterwards but I felt nothing but relief when I heard that everything was as clean as a whistle.

Like HH said the worst part is feeling like you are pissing out of your arse for day few hours but that is a small price to pay for avoiding a bad illness due to self administered willful negligence IMO.

YMMV

So let me get this straight.  You all are telling me that I should let some guy slip me some drugs that'll knock me out and then while I'm unconscious a group of people will sit around and shove things up my butt???  

Isn't that what our parents warned us to be careful of when we went off to college???  

32 minutes ago, Rusty said:

So let me get this straight.  You all are telling me that I should let some guy slip me some drugs that'll knock me out and then while I'm unconscious a group of people will sit around and shove things up my butt???  

Isn't that what our parents warned us to be careful of when we went off to college???  

Well at least they found that Hotwheel that I lost as a kid!

40 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Yes.  And you get to pay them for the privilege.

I HATE anything medical or hospitals.  Doing the preventative stuff should, in theory, keep me well away from them.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

18 hours ago, Rusty said:

What are your thoughts on Cologuard?

I was supposed to get a colonoscopy when I turned 50 but that was almost 6 years ago and it hasn't happened yet.  Now apparently you can just poop in a box and stick it in the mail.  Anyone do this???      

The treatment for colon cancer is far worse then the prep for a colonoscopy, besides it's good to cleanse one's soul every so often...! 

Cologuard is more of a general screening exam and susceptible to false positives and negatives. It should not  replace direct visualization in particular for people with a family history. Colon cancer is one of the more curable cancers when diagnosed early when it stays within the confines of the colons musculature. You'll just love the Propofol and will never recall the rectal violation!!!!!  As the saying goes, Just Do It....   

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

Don’t knock till you’ve tried it!