IGNORED

Anyone ever poop in a box?

Rusty

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

What are your thoughts on Cologuard?

I was supposed to get a colonoscopy when I turned 50 but that was almost 6 years ago and it hasn't happened yet.  Now apparently you can just poop in a box and stick it in the mail.  Anyone do this???      

You are my age and I too have not done it yet:-)

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

What are your thoughts on Cologuard?

I was supposed to get a colonoscopy when I turned 50 but that was almost 6 years ago and it hasn't happened yet.  Now apparently you can just poop in a box and stick it in the mail.  Anyone do this???      

Ah shit. No pun intended. You have just opened up the door to hear Haskell Hunters wonderful experience he just had. I am saying nothing further. :rofl:

Sucks to be the mailman picking up Colobox. 

Edited by LPJR

I did it several years ago. It's one way to determine if you have colon cancer and other digestive issues. There's no prep for it. You just make a deposit and drop it off in the nearest UPS box. I actually have a colonoscopy coming up at the end of August. It'll be my third one.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Rusty just go get it done. I just had my first one a few months back and you will sleep through it and not remember shit. I lost 2 friends to colon cancer 3 months apart this past year (54 and 62 years old). There were guys that did not go to the doctors unless they thought the might die, well both of them went in the hospital and never came out. Both didn't make it 3 weeks from first diagnosis. I'm not a doctor crazy person but it made me and the wife get checked.  Get it done 

Edited by Buck154

Just get it done.

its really isn't a big deal.

Like an IDIOT I waited until 57 to get mine done, luckily I didn't have anything going on.

anything they catch polyp wise early pretty much assures this is one type of cancer that doesn't get out of control.

When I was waiting for my turn to go into the room , I over heard on both sides of me people that had complications because they had waited.

While waiting that half hour all I could think was please let nothing be there that I could have had taken care of earlier.

Just do it and hopefully your good to go for another 5/10 years before going again .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

As you know, I just had my first one this morning. Get it done. 

The day before you have to go through a cleansing. You drink this nasty medicine that gives you the power squirts. You will eventually squirt clear. This is so the doctor can examine you properly.

The day of your exam you get admitted to the hospital. They prep you for surgery, and someone needs to drop you off and pick you up. You’re put under for the entire procedure. 

It takes about 30 minutes. I got to the hospital at 8 and was out before 11. After surgery you’re pretty loopy. I got free juice and cookies!

The procedure does more than give you a cancer screening. There are other things they can see in your colon that may prevent complications in the future.

Get it done because you want to still be around for your kids. Colon cancer is no joke. I have one buddy who survived it and my butcher died from it. I bet neither got their screening. 

My dad is 92 and always goes to the doctor to get whatever procedure they recommend. I credit that regiment for his longevity. I do my annual physical and now I’ve done this. I know for certain that I do not have cancer and only had one 2mm polyp removed. 

If you want to gamble with your health, that’s your business. But cancer is beaten when it’s detected early. If you don’t want to do it for yourself, do it for the people who love you. 

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

6 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

As you know, I just had my first one this morning. Get it done. 

The day before you have to go through a cleansing. You drink this nasty medicine that gives you the power squirts. You will eventually squirt clear. This is so the doctor can examine you properly.

The day of your exam you get admitted to the hospital. They prep you for surgery, and someone needs to drop you off and pick you up. You’re put under for the entire procedure. 

It takes about 30 minutes. I got to the hospital at 8 and was out before 11. After surgery you’re pretty loopy. I got free juice and cookies!

The procedure does more than give you a cancer screening. There are other things they can see in your colon that may prevent complications in the future.

Get it done because you want to still be around for your kids. Colon cancer is no joke. I have one buddy who survived it and my butcher died from it. I bet neither got their screening. 

My dad is 92 and always goes to the doctor to get whatever procedure they recommend. I credit that regiment for his longevity. I do my annual physical and now I’ve done this. I know for certain that I do not have cancer and only had one 2mm polyp removed. 

If you want to gamble with your health, that’s your business. But cancer is beaten when it’s detected early. If you don’t want to do it for yourself, do it for the people who love you. 

Great advice Tim. Glad it worked out well for you. Your antics and description via text messages to the group were MUCH more descriptive and disturbing (yet entertaining)...  Good thing I am not as old as you guys........Yet. :tooth: