IGNORED

Some people have no Etiquette

8 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

You can't put up and blind and believe you now own that spot. It's possible you set it up right next to the tree he's been carrying his climber to. 

Nobody wants to hear this but he has a set much right to that spot as you do. When you leave take All your stuff with you, that is the right thing to do.

It's no where near a tree let alone any other hunters, so there went your theory.

Plus there is a note please dont hunt my blind. That means it's in use. I even have my number and name inside of it just in case

25 minutes ago, Thats5 said:

I agree with bucndoe.. Take it with you.. It's on State Land it belongs to ALL.. To many people on State Land put up stands and hardly ever Hunt them.. Not fair for the Guys trying to find a Spot.. You put it up and leave it there, we All should be able to hunt it!

What's your name? Or are you a member here who just felt like making a new account to say what hes to scared to using their normal account?

14 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

You can't put up and blind and believe you now own that spot. It's possible you set it up right next to the tree he's been carrying his climber to. 

Nobody wants to hear this but he has a set much right to that spot as you do. When you leave take All your stuff with you, that is the right thing to do.

I agree that we don't own the spot..  but for us that don't have the option for private land why should we not be able to set a stand or blind for easy set up

I hunt a piece of  property were a guy that hunted state land his whole life received permission to hunt and is real happy now he has private property to hunt. But he brought his state land mentality with him and is destroying the piece with the attitude" he can hunt where he wants" He will set stands up 40 yards away from you and then hunt it every day and wonder where all the deer went:grrr: I don't care where you hunt but always respect others and if you find your shit at the base of the tree because you don't  all I can say is shame on you!

Edited by bucky

Out West on public ground it is first come first served. If a person puts up a stand or blind on a food source or water hole first that doesn't mean they own it for the rest of the hunting season. I will not hunt another persons stand or blind but, if I know  they are not hunting it I will put up my stand or blind in that area. 

In Kansas they limit the number of stands you can hang to two on public ground. They must have your name and conservation number written on them. If you use a ground blind you must remove it every evening after the hunt. The reason why they did that was because some people would hang more stands than they could ever possibly hunt trying to claim areas for themselves. I honestly think that is a good idea because I would walk by many stands that never had a hunter in them.

Edited by rocky

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I agree that we don't own the spot..  but for us that don't have the option for private land why should we not be able to set a stand or blind for easy set up

Why??? Simple, you don't Own the land. It's there for EVERYONE. You should be considerate enough to take your stuff with you so the next Hunter doesn't have to make that decision. My opinion, you are the one in the wrong, not him.

I hate that they let you keep stands on public land - nothing but problems. Jerkoffs think they “own”the areas lol. I use a climber (for pst 15 years) and been hunting general areas where some years there are stands, some years there are not. 

Ill sit right by a stand, don’t care.  You beat me to the spot, Ill sit elsewhere, early bird gets the worm. I expect the same. Patterns/ wind /weather /time of year dictate where I sit , not your stand that you may or may not show up to hunt. 

I'd never hunt someone else's stand or blind, but getting tired of leaving spots I've hunted for years because someone else left their stuff there.  Common sense is to leave other's stuff alone, and leave the spot as it was when you leave so as not to deter others from hunting there.

Edited by Greybeard

Ok so I hunt way more than most and am in my stands and blinds at least 3 times a week now from September 9th till November 24th I was hunting 6 days a week.

So my blind and treestand was used and You can not break down a blind then pop it back up when you feel like if you want to see deer.

My 2 locations were not hunted for 2 years to make sure no one was hunting these areas and then I put my stuff so I am not like your normal public land hunter and thank God.

1 minute ago, Nadornati said:

I hate that they let you keep stands on public land - nothing but problems. Jerkoffs think they “own”the areas lol. I use a climber (for pst 15 years) and been hunting general areas where some years there are stands, some years there are not. 

Ill sit right by a stand, don’t care.  You beat me to the spot, Ill sit elsewhere, early bird gets the worm. I expect the same. Patterns/ wind /weather /time of year dictate where I sit , not your stand that you may or may not show up to hunt. 

See that “I’ll sit right by a stand I don’t care” strategy causes problems also. A few years back I was hunting with my father on a piece of public where we each had only one stand. I was in one tree and he was about 50 yards down the trail from me. One afternoon we came in to hunt and there was a young guy in his climber about 30 yards from my stand. Having no other stand to go to I got up and I sat next to him. After some time I guess he got irritated and got down and left. A few mins later he came back with another guy and I sh*t you not the guy charged my dad’s stand after throwing his jacket down threatening to throw him out of it if he didn’t get down. 

This made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. If I’m in a permant stand that is my only stand on the property and you’re in a mobile climber setting up 30 yards next to a stand, you either sit there and hunt the tree YOU picked or YOU get up and move. It’s not my fault you decided to sit next to someone’s stand.

I'm going to see if I can make something happen, like they do on county property, you leave your name and number and at the end of the season you take all your stuff down.

Next season you put it back up, but if you are caught hunting someones stand or blind you pay a fine and have your license suspended for a year.

This way it's even playing field for all not this its public I can do what I want.

2 minutes ago, amaraziti said:

See that “I’ll sit right by a stand I don’t care” strategy causes problems also. A few years back I was hunting with my father on a piece of public where we each had only one stand. I was in one tree and he was about 50 yards down the trail from me. One afternoon we came in to hunt and there was a young guy in his climber about 30 yards from my stand. Having no other stand to go to I got up and I sat next to him. After some time I guess he got irritated and got down and left. A few mins later he came back with another guy and I sh*t you not the guy charged my dad’s stand after throwing his jacket down threatening to throw him out of it if he didn’t get down. 

This made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. If I’m in a permant stand that is my only stand on the property and you’re in a mobile climber setting up 30 yards next to a stand, you either sit there and hunt the tree YOU picked or YOU get up and move. It’s not my fault you decided to sit next to someone’s stand.

Can't build a permanent stand in most, maybe all states, on public land.  First come first serve on public.  Sitting next to a guy that was there before you was an inconsiderate move. Should have went someplace else and hunted off the ground if you had no other option.  

5 minutes ago, amaraziti said:

Something similar happened to me but I just let the guy hunt and left.I feel that he was there first and I wasnt.

I have let quite a few guys hunt place I was at in Hope's that maybe courtesy would become contagious... still waiting and still hopefully lol