IGNORED

Some people have no Etiquette

The state land I hunt on pretty much the same 8 or so guys bhunt it. Everyone put up one stand in a different spot. Everyone hunts each others stand. Pretty much know who is where by where they park but occasionally you guess wrong then you just go to a different stand. It has worked good for us the last 6 or so years and have had no problems or fights

The OP had a problem with people hunting out of his blind , not that someone else was hunting the area.  Look at his avatar, he is obviously old and can't bring his blind in and out every trip, and why should he?  If you want to hunt where his blind is, put up your stand and hunt, if he is not there, but don't sit in his blind. lol

Edited by Nomad

15 minutes ago, Tbryant said:

LOL are you really trying to compare a managed county property hunt vs public land? I guess I can just go show up to a Morris County Park and throw up a stand as long as my names on it. 

You'd be surprised to know this but yes. You see it is tax payer funded and also gets money from the state, so it is public domain. A town or county ordinance is BS and not enforceable. State Law is what you need to go by, and if it is open space and not a park where children play you most certainly can hunt it.

So if you have the time and a lawyer you will not pay the summons and will be allowed to hunt it and they will not be able to do something about it.

If they do it is harrassment because you have the court document showing it was an unlawful citation. This is not a joke. I am dead serious, know your rights as a citizen.

Edited by MZ7Extreme

1 hour ago, Thats5 said:

I agree with bucndoe.. Take it with you.. It's on State Land it belongs to ALL.. To many people on State Land put up stands and hardly ever Hunt them.. Not fair for the Guys trying to find a Spot.. You put it up and leave it there, we All should be able to hunt it!

I guess if you park your truck on public land, anyone can just take it? Wow, what is happening to this country:down:

23 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

He's allowed to hunt over any food source he finds on public land, or in any spot he thinks looks good.  Leaving a stand up just lures in some people, and they have every right to hunt where they want.  He was using his own stand.  I see no reason why you felt he was the one that should have left.  Many times a year I come across stands that were left up in an area I was going to hunt, hunted for a long time, or had just found a natural blind to hunt from and had someone else come in and leave a stand up there, put up a camera, baited it, and I moved on only to never see anybody in the stands.  Be mobile and considerate of others when they are in a spot before you.  

Did you not read what I said right after that 

38 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I didn't say someone can't use the area.   But because I can't afford my own land your telling me I can't use cameras to scout..  I get off at  3 and having a stand hung allows me to go in and hunt with little noise...  if I had to use a climber or hang a set every hunt I could not hunt much.. as said go deep and you will see no one..  I've had less issues on state land than the 2 small private I have

The short answer, yes. You are what's wrong with public land. You think because carry your stand in and out is inconvenient to you you should be allowed to inconvenience everybody else. As soon as people realize it's not all about you we'll all be better off.