IGNORED

Some people have no Etiquette

I went to my blind yesterday and I should have hinted the morning but decided not to, so I went the afternoon. Upon walking to my blind I get 20 yards in front of it to notice looks of red blood that were not there yesterday ecening.

Someone took the liberty of hunting out of my bond, yes it is public land but this mentality that people have where they think they have a right to your stuff is amazing.

Last Monday I was going to hunt my blind but I saw guys in orange so I approached them. I asked of they were hunting deer or small game and he said deer so I said ok I'll go elsewhere. He asked me if the double hanhon was mine O said jo it's a guy I met here ge said oh because I was going to hunt it because it's on public land I can. I told him I wouldnt.

How does one come to the conclusion that if there is something there and it's not theirs they have a right to it?

4 minutes ago, Stewey said:

I don't understand how someone can sit in someone else's blind or stand and feel comfortable doing it.  I would be scared to death that I would be caught and that would make for a bad hunt

It wont be good if I find them in either, let's just say it wouldn't end well for them.

Same thing happened to me last year. Came in to check my cam and saw boot tracks, toilet paper squares  hanging from trees leading away from my stand,  and the SD card was stolen out of my cam. I had assumed someone had shot a deer out of my stand and was marking the blood trail as they tracked. Had my suspicions confirmed when walking back I found a buck laying in a ditch with its antlers sawed off and only it’s backstraps taken out. 

Oh and here’s another story. Just two days ago I went to hunt a stand to find someone had set a new stand, trail cam, and dumped 50 lbs of corn not even 50 yards next to mine. He wasn’t in the tree but left his pack and bow up there (questionable decision??) so I left him a note at the base of his tree that kindly said screw off.

Who else loves public land!

Edited by amaraziti

First come first served. Take your stuff with you if you don't want it used or stolen. That's the way it is like it or not. If you don't like it, buy your own piece of dirt and make your own rules

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

11 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

First come first served. Take your stuff with you if you don't want it used or stolen. That's the way it is like it or not. If you don't like it, buy your own piece of dirt and make your own rules

Thank you! Your wisdom and insight on the matter is stupendous!

I'll be sure to remember this next time.

giphy.gif

Edited by MZ7Extreme

4 minutes ago, Thats5 said:

I agree with bucndoe.. Take it with you.. It's on State Land it belongs to ALL.. To many people on State Land put up stands and hardly ever Hunt them.. Not fair for the Guys trying to find a Spot.. You put it up and leave it there, we All should be able to hunt it!

I don’t believe in the “belongs to all” mentality.  If a hunter (if you want to call them that) wants to hunt the immediate area you’re hunting, so be it.  If that person hunts your actual stand or blind, that’s a whole different level of disrespect where a problem will exist for most if caught.  You park your truck in a state land parking lot, can the same person use your car? 

You can't put up and blind and believe you now own that spot. It's possible you set it up right next to the tree he's been carrying his climber to. 

Nobody wants to hear this but he has just as much right to that spot as you do. When you leave take All your stuff with you, that is the right thing to do.

Edited by NotJust22s

17 minutes ago, Thats5 said:

I agree with bucndoe.. Take it with you.. It's on State Land it belongs to ALL.. To many people on State Land put up stands and hardly ever Hunt them.. Not fair for the Guys trying to find a Spot.. You put it up and leave it there, we All should be able to hunt it!

I strongly disagree. Even on public land I am anal about how I hunt my sets. Only on certain winds, only on certain days of the week, only in certain weather conditions, only hunt every so often to not over pressure a stand, etc etc etc. I don’t want some shmuck coming in seeing the stand, figures since it’s on public he has the “right” to hunt it, and screws up a stand I’ve been working so hard to preserve. It only takes one screw up and deer catch on.

Hunting the same general area is one thing. Setting up 50 yards next to another stand is disrespectful. Sitting in someone’s stand is in no circumstances acceptable. 

When setting up a new stand my rule of thumb is if I can see another stand from the tree then I am too close. Setting up on top of someone else is only hurting both of you.