IGNORED

How much venison

Bones

I’m curious if anyone eats as much venison as my family and I do. I have talked or know a lot of hunters who only eat a deer or two a year and can make that deer or two last the entire year.  Before I had kids and it was just my wife and me we ate 4 deer a year just between the two of us and never had to buy beef at a store. we eat venison 3 times a week sometimes more, now with 3 kids I still only manage to take 4 to 5 deer a year and we run out sometime in the summer so I would say  we could eat 6 to 8 deer a year. I know not everyone’s family eats venison which makes it hard to be able to enjoy it if your the only one. I have also ran into deer hunters that don’t actually like eating venison themselves but enjoy the hunt and know people that will take they’re harvest or use hunters helping the hungry. So how much venison do you and your family consume?

I have 4 deer in the freezer now and looking to get 2 more before season end. That takes care of my family and my extended family, grandpop and all of his buddies who I usually cook for at the hunting club a few times a month. Well worth cooking for the old timers and listening to their stories 

Me, my son and daughter will eat about 3 deer. My wife won’t touch it.... Bambi syndrome!!! Those 3 deer will last until about August. I also cook for people at my job who like deer meat but don’t hunt. Jerky doesn’t last long no matter if it’s at home or work. People have offered to pay me for the jerky sometimes too but I’ve never accepted the offer. Family and friends are always asking for deer meat so realistically I probably couldn’t kill enough to satisfy everyone. I never have an issue with too much deer meat. 

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

before my son started college, the two of us ate 3 deer a year including the sausage products made from it.     Last 3 years, I really only eat about 1.5 deer a year. I never buy steak, when I want steak I eat venison.    The buck I got this past October dressed 180 lbs, so it was like putting two mature doe in the freezer.   I gave away my EAB doe before that, as I had too much venison left over from prior season.      I think I am done bow hunting - maybe get out once more but unless it's a mature buck, no more venison for me.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I think 2 deer a year and I’m good. Luckily I have 2 bucks in the freezer this year. Wife won’t eat it, my daughter will but she’s only 2 so she isn’t eating much (although she did eat an entire tenderloin back in December)

I have a few nice bucks on cam I could go after for winter bow but I’m gonna see what they turn into for next year vs having more more meat than I can eat.

I shoot anywhere from 3-5 deer a year depending on how well on do and how full the freezer is.  If I get 5, 1 of those butchered and given to my mom and stepfather.  The venison in my freezer is consumed by my daughter and me.  I don't buy beef, except for an occasional London broil which is turned into jerky.

David