IGNORED

Would you rather.........

LPJR

2 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Forget about the shoulder. Go double lung, end of story

That's the point of tight to the crease or farther back.   The tighter to the crease the more room you have for error.  Allot of people aim to far back thinking they are in double lung when infact they are in liver and guts.  The green dot in diagram above is the sweet spot.   U got poa and dead deer little forwards dead deer little low dead deer little back dead deer little hi  dead deer...

Edited by vdep217

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

That's the point of tight to the crease or farther back.   The tighter to the crease the more room you have for error.  Allot of people aim to far back thinking they are in double lung when infact they are in liver and guts.  The green dot in diagram above is the sweet spot.   U got poa and dead deer little forwards dead deer little low dead deer little back dead deer little hi  dead deer...

Gotcha, I didn't read the whole thread

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

26 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

This is probably going to sound odd but I have less fear about hitting the shoulder than I do about hitting the guts. I usually aim for just a hair behind the opposite leg on quartering away shots.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

doesn't sound odd - that is exactly how I feel. I err on the side of shoulder bone - no like the grass bag

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

I’ve broken one head in 25 years. And that was when it hit a rock after the pass through. I understand your point. I just don’t worry about hitting bone. I’d rather be too tight in a shoulder then put one in the guts if I pull a shot. 

I guess I'm a little tougher on my equipment then ..

These are all dead deer from the last five or six years.

I probably have a shoe box full from the last 45 years worth 

20180917_222903.jpg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

as far as where I aim on a deer . I shoot for my exit , not my entrance when possible . I want my arrow coming out the crease on the offside on everything except a slight quarter too , as that pushes you too far into the shoulder . On that shot only I shoot tight to the crease 

As above :up:

13 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I guess I'm a little tougher on my equipment then ..

These are all dead deer from the last five or six years.

I probably have a shoe box full from the last 45 years worth 

20180917_222903.jpg

You must be. Bc I don’t have a single head that ends up looking like that. Is your shop getting them as “blemished”lol. Kind like the knock off chinese rage heads that were goinnaround for awhile. 

Just now, Livesintrees said:

You must be. Bc I don’t have a single head that ends up looking like that. Is your shop getting them as “blemished”lol. Kind like the knock off chinese rage heads that were goinnaround for awhile. 

All the heads I have shot came in original packages.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

19 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

intersect the green dot- I think many purposely aim a few inches further back then they should.   As Hammer said, it's all about your exit, see it, visualize it, you need to develop a bit of a "zen-like" feeling about the exit - see through the deer and focus on that exit. That may sound odd, but yes I first pick the spot to aim but it's based on seeing right through the deer with exit in mind, almost instinctive.   When I say intersect this green dot - you take angles into effect.    Once I gave into the "fear of the shoulder" and realized (thanks to this diagram I got many years ago) there is a much larger area that is bone-free in that crease than folks realize,  my recovery has been at or very close to 100%.  I may get the occasional bent ferule or broken shaft, but more often than not the same arrow and BH (VPA) get used over and over again once they pass the crack inspection and spin test. 

deer anatomy - Copy.jpg

I go for the green patch. But my aim is at the deer,s elbow there first as a small point to focus on, then slight raise up or if right near the stand aim right at that crease knowing it will hit a little higher. Deer usually down in sight with that spot. You should get heart or major artery plus the lungs.

The guy in the video misleads people by artificially inflating the lungs, making it look like the lungs go much further back than they do in a living deer.  That's not how the lungs work and there are other organs in the body cavity.    His point of aim is too far back.  I aim in line with the opposite front leg.    

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, hammer4reel said:

as far as where I aim on a deer . I shoot for my exit , not my entrance when possible . I want my arrow coming out the crease on the offside on everything except a slight quarter too , as that pushes you too far into the shoulder . On that shot only I shoot tight to the crease 

Love everything about this Dan. Shoot for the exit. :up:

22 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Speaking of the knock off Chinese rage heads, a friend got these for turkey season. A "fraction of the price" of the real Rage heads for double the amount of broadheads. He says he will try them on deer, "how bad can they be" he said. I will not use one on a deer, no matter what the cost savings is. Has anyone had experience with them on here?