IGNORED

Would you rather.........

LPJR

14 hours ago, LPJR said:

Love everything about this Dan. Shoot for the exit. :up:

Doing so automatically lines your shot up for changing angles.

on extreme going away shots no one wants to think about aiming behind the deers vitals .

but once you learn to shoot for where you want your arrow to exit , you will always get 2 vitals , be it both lungs , liver  through lungs , or heart and lungs , two spots hit put a deer down quick.

on tough angles when aiming the traditional way only one lung may be hit. , those deer can go a long ways,.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Doing so automatically lines your shot up for changing angles.

on extreme going away shots no one wants to think about aiming behind the deers vitals .

but once you learn to shoot for where you want your arrow to exit , you will always get 2 vitals , be it both lungs , liver  through lungs , or heart and lungs , two spots hit put a deer down quick.

on tough angles when aiming the traditional way only one lung may be hit. , those deer can go a long ways,.

and to further illustrate angles and exit - take your arrow and hold it over a 3d deer, and put it on angle that has your exit zipping through vertically in line with the heart when 90 degree broadside.   Keep the tip at the same spot and start angling the back of the arrow toward the tail.  

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

and to further illustrate angles and exit - take your arrow and hold it over a 3d deer, and put it on angle that has your exit zipping through vertically in line with the heart when 90 degree broadside.   Keep the tip at the same spot and start angling the back of the arrow toward the tail.  

I can just picture you standing in the backyard playing with your 3d target and the Mrs standing watch with her arms folded shaking her head LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM