IGNORED

YOUR FAVORITE DOG

Live to Hunt

19 minutes ago, Readington hunter said:

100% on the money. We had pick of the litter and I figured I would pick the dog I wanted, but after talking to Wayne he likes to place the dog based on what kind of dog your looking for.  Makes complete sense, there with them from day one. 

Yeah.  Good breeders typically do that.  You let them know what you're looking for in terms of personality and what the dog will be used for and they pick from their litters for you.  

Id be embarrassed to post a photo of our pooch, a mutt of sort more poodle ( yes poodle ) than anything but with that said she is quite the trooper. Routinely we go on 2-3 hour bike rides in the woods ( I peddle she runs ! ) she has hunts squirrels, deer and has chased a few bears upward. She has chased an intruder and is the only family member to happily greet me every evening at the door. Truly man's best friend. :up:

On 8/3/2018 at 1:31 PM, JHbowhunter said:

Does anyone's lab "just have to " grab something he's not supposed to (like dish towel or a shoe) when company enters the house?  Mako still does at age 4, wants you to chase him to get it back. No discipline or scolding has ever worked - you can smack him with that dish towel and yell "no" but next time, he will do it again.  4 years - no results.  At least now with more regular guests he doesn't as much though. 

My lab brings socks for every one

8 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

Id be embarrassed to post a photo of our pooch, a mutt of sort more poodle ( yes poodle ) than anything but with that said she is quite the trooper. Routinely we go on 2-3 hour bike rides in the woods ( I peddle she runs ! ) she has hunts squirrels, deer and has chased a few bears upward. She has chased an intruder and is the only family member to happily greet me every evening at the door. Truly man's best friend. :up:

I had a 12lb miniature poodle for 15 years.  I still miss him - man I loved that dog!

We lived in Metuchen at the time and figured that we would get a dog to reassure ourselves that we could actually lead unselfish lives before trying parenthood.  We also felt that we would get a dog which we could adequately exercise - a tired dog is a happy dog.  We both felt that it would be cruel indeed to get a big dog that we couldn't really exercise properly.

That poodle chased off an attempted burglary, happily went on 3-4 hour hikes hikes in NW Jersey, New Hampshire and Vermont, went fishing and foraging with me, and was a chick magnet to boot.

He was very spirited and as sharp as a tack - I still tear up at the thought of his last visit to the vet.

Rest in peace, Elmo - I'll see you in heaven I hope!

My two most loyal dogs were mutts shelter dogs 

Sammy a lab mix and bear a flat coated retriever mix 

if I didn’t want them to hunt I would get mutts they would have done anything to make me happy and were the most healthy easy going dogs in the world.

57 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Our dogs have always been mutts from the pound.  :up: :up:

15 hours ago, Bones said:

My two most loyal dogs were mutts shelter dogs 

Sammy a lab mix and bear a flat coated retriever mix 

if I didn’t want them to hunt I would get mutts they would have done anything to make me happy and were the most healthy easy going dogs in the world.

You guys are good people for saving dogs.  :up:

" ….  flat coated retriever mix ….."   One of our dogs is a flat coated retriever. I couldn't think of a better breed for a family with kids.

I can't believe she'll be 10 years old already this coming Halloween.

storm.jpg