IGNORED

Z5 morning hunt in the Hemlocks & Oaks = BBD

JHbowhunter

I just inspected it with Jay two weeks ago - and he gets all the credit for me even going there because he is the one that found the big rub and the white acorns 40 yards away. It's been on my mind, was just waiting for the first cool day to sit that ridge... Thanks Jay!

Any time buddy! I love scouting land that isn't loaded with bait piles! It takes me back to a time when hunting was fun and not work.

We found those freshly turned leaves going right past that stand and as Jack climbed the tree to check on the stand I eyeballs the run 50 yards further to a few white oaks.. figured it was promising and worth the walk over.

Below those trees were the only acorns we found on the whole scout trip. Tree after tree had nothing good to show for it until these 2.

A quick glimpse showed 2 or 3 fresh buckrubs around these trees within 10 yards or so as well as fresh deer crap.

Jack held off longer thsnni would have lol. Good call waiting on the drop in temp tho.. that hill climb walking in would have been brutal last week.

Congrats again Jack!

Lemme know if you want me to come find you a spot for permit bow ;)

J/k.

You had the stand set up for many years in a great spot.. I didn't do much more than Go for a walk with you that day :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk