IGNORED

No blood trail

kevinh9189

Since your a teacher I would have taken a personal day or sick day. Good luck with the recovery. If no blood look for over turned leaves. I once hit a doe that jumped the string and spun around, couldn't find my arrow and no blood or hair. I followed the leaves for 70 yds and the only drop of blood was 3' from it with the arrow buried to the fletchings in it's bung hole.

As an untenured teacher I can't just randomly take days. Personal days need at least a weeks notice and every day I am here and saving my sick days looks better to administration and receiving tenure.

Thank you for the advice I hope it pans out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you don't have to explain yourself on here to anyone of your schedule nobody anticipates the worse case scenario when it comes to hunting esp pulling out and going back the next day if you didn't push the deer and just left that's a good thing esp when hunting the evening if I don't see or hear deer drop I leave and come back the next day.don't listen to the negativity believe me this isn't the other site and I could write a dialogue of the bull crap of many of the naysayers after you read the dialogue you'll be washing your eyes out with bleach

Does that fall under Fixed blades or Expandable. Fixed at hit and expand down the road 20 yards :eek:  Road Pizza

it was by the Farmingdale exit on 195 lololololol gorey mess it was a pass thru I believe and it was a fixed....on a serious note expandables are good you just gotta hit them in the sweet spot I gave up on them Cuz I shoot low poundage and couldn't get a pass thru so UNCLE RUSTY HOOKED UP THE SMOKESTA with thunder heads and I'm fine tuned with them

make sure you mark every last drop of blood you find, it gives you his line of travel which is critical. go slow - every speck counts.  Also it looks like that branch snapped in the direction of where you stood to take picture and NOT in the direction the camera is aiming. If it was your buck - he probably is hurt bad they don't generally break branches when running through the woods.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

make sure you mark every last drop of blood you find, it gives you his line of travel which is critical. go slow - every speck counts.

:agree: Even if the sign dries up, go back to the impact spot. One drop of blood could point you in a totally other direction than you were searching.....Best of luck...