IGNORED

Twas the Last Day of 6-Day

Rusty

It's quiet because you can hunt deer for 5 months worth of weekends and no one has to take off work like they use to.

It's a shame but the excitement of 'Deer Season ', no longer exists...at least not like it once did.

I agree and 6day isn't nothing special being some zones have a shotgun season that starts before 6day then after 6day you can still hunt all the way to Feb

Great bucks GG. We get an occasional big one down south but you boys up in N Jersey seem to consistently have nice bucks hit the ground. Must be because it's so quiet this week up there. Been pretty busy in my area. Not as much banging as the 80's and 90's but the clubs all did well and I know many standers who filled both buck tags. I'll be surprised if the kill is not a good bit higher than last year. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

All the dickbags must have been down in my area. Nothing like sitting in a bow hunting area only and being disturbed by a group of yo buck morons who are going to drive the property to push the deer off the bow only state property onto their private property. 

Terrible.  Welcome to NJ.

It was quiet ob Scott's Mountain compared to years past. Sights were just about nil. Just as gobblergetter says there are few people taking the time off these days as there is plenty of time to hunt. when buck hunting was compressed to one week it was a shoot fest.

Very nice bucks posted. I can only imagine how many more like that were taken off of big private pieces throughout the state.

The way your daughter shoots it will only be a matter of if she see one. You taught he well. The few you posted of her were shot perfect in the 10 ring :up:

Yeah I'm spoiled with her, she's never had a deer go more than 50 yards.   

All the dickbags must have been down in my area. Nothing like sitting in a bow hunting area only and being disturbed by a group of yo buck morons who are going to drive the property to push the deer off the bow only state property onto their private property. 

You could have nailed them on "Hunter harassment" if you called it in.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I don't think so, nothing illegal about that unless they were armed, it sucks but not illegal, they weren't actively harassing him imparticular. Kinda like unarmed drivers pushing out a safety zone to standers well away from it.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I don't think so, nothing illegal about that unless they were armed, it sucks but not illegal, they weren't actively harassing him imparticular. Kinda like unarmed drivers pushing out a safety zone to standers well away from it.

Is that right?  Stinks if true.  I thought the officials had latitude and some subjectivity in determining harassment?  

If unarmed guys (i.e. clearly not hunting) are intentionally and methodically crossing a bow hunt only area and yelling to disturb the deer, that sure sounds like harassment to me.   At least it should be IMO.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Is that right?  Stinks if true.  I thought the officials had latitude and some subjectivity in determining harassment?  

If unarmed guys (i.e. clearly not hunting) are intentionally and methodically crossing a bow hunt only area and yelling to disturb the deer, that sure sounds like harassment to me.   At least it should be IMO.

well? I guess that's a grey area, I mean I would think that first they'd have to know someone was hunting then keep him from intentionally from shooting a deer, I'm thinking intent to prevent is the trigger., maybe the yelling is enough, but if they are just walking making heavy foot falls not yelling and moving deer, is that harassment? Who's to say? I'm sure that CO's have some discretion, but it seems a very big grey area to me.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Sat all day Saturday, the last day of Six Day.  Beautiful day.  Saw lots of activity.  Some bucks are still pushing does around.  At last light a big buck came in that I never saw prior to Saturday.  I was glassing him at 100 yds. but there was not enough light to see him in detail.  Up high and out passed the ears for sure, couldn't see the brow tines.  Did not take the shot.  Hope he is still out there this week.

Got this ten pointer with bow on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Came in shortly after 17:00.  Stomped in like he was the boss of the woods.  Heard him coming from a mile away.  Saw lots of rut activity that day.  It is just amazing to watch.

post-656-0-17712000-1481562157.jpg

post-656-0-87486200-1481562164.jpg