Njhunter77

Any one out shed hunting yet

I found couple so far jw if you guys are out or waiting till February. I still have deer on my cams with there racks

E0F38004-A0BB-45D6-997F-0B20B42582AE.jpeg

02E4F8D6-494A-41E9-8524-D863B67FF429.jpeg

3E36137F-747F-4B3B-B0BB-690F2A5F8A32.png

• Agree 3

Can’t find my other pics one set was chewed by mice or something

That middle set is heavily chewed on.  

Nice!  Hoping to get out a little later this winter and look a bit.  Most bucks I've been seeing are still holding but also have seen on here where a number of them have dropped already :up:

I'm still hunting. So, I'm waiting until late February to start looking. I don't want to bump any bucks on the properties.

Is that supposed to be funny???     :letsparty:  

dropped antler.jpeg

Edited by Rusty

Those sheds look old. Either you have a really good spot with not much pressure or your just good at finding sheds haha

I'm gonna go find Rustys shed and then see how much I can shake him down for it . Lol

I'm gonna go find Rustys shed and then see how much I can shake him down for it . Lol

Beat you to it. I have it. Ssshh......

• Agree 1

All those sheds are a year or 2 years on the ground. Some bucks have shed but lot more still holding

I have one rubbing in my yard, not shed yet...obviously

We should do a shed hunt party in Rusty's woods.  I'd make the drive up to help a brotha out.  I'll have my hand held GPS so I don't get lost, strictly for safety purposes of course.

I only find busted up one. Feb of 2016 when I got up in my stand I had a broken off tine or point on my platform all chewed up. Squirrel must have been chilling on my stand eating away. 

My areas that I’ve been hunting, all my bucks on cam are still holding. Last year I seen a lot of bucks still holding in February. I like to shed hunt in march.

• Agree 1

My areas that I’ve been hunting, all my bucks on cam are still holding. Last year I seen a lot of bucks still holding in February. I like to shed hunt in march.

Same. March for us as well. 

We should do a shed hunt party in Rusty's woods.  I'd make the drive up to help a brotha out.  I'll have my hand held GPS so I don't get lost, strictly for safety purposes of course.

:rofl:  :rofl:

You will need that GPS, this is big woods.  A few years ago a guy got lost back here and because he was special needs everyone instantly joined the search.  Between Search and Rescue, the police, the military, helicopters with infra-red cameras, K-9 units, Mounted Police  .  .  .  .  .  there were over 1,000 people searching for this guy for 2 days with no luck.  He eventually walked out on his own several miles from where he went in.    

Edited by Rusty