I'll be after this guy as soon as I take out my doe,but that seams to be tough this year because in all my 7 sits all u see are bucks exept for one doe that had her rear end to me the whole time..

I wish that was my problem. I hunt 4 different spots and theres like 5 doe's to 1 buck ratio

Follow Us On Instagram @bruiserbucksoutdoors

• 10 months later...

this is the only one target I have all season, and that is during EaB season.

then I watch deer movement, react to what I see, and take whatever walks in my "circle of death" I feel like taking

as simple as this plan may be, no cams and scouting unless I am hunting, made me, for me, relatively successful

107038382.buqMmW3k.IMG_2788_2.jpg

Edited by Lunatic

Lots of great bucks.

Likely the unpopular view here, but I'm with Lunatic.

The only thing I do right now in preparation for the season is shoot my bows, triple check gear and glass deer. I haven't stepped foot in any of the areas I plan to hunt since Spring and I won't until the season opens. 

I enjoy hunting new areas and spots every day! So everything I do will be based off of last years intel, glassing, maps, guessing and in season scouting....It's the only way I can get excited about hunting. Tying myself down to a bait pile and camera would bore me to death, even with big buck pics rolling in. I like to just go off of what I see. Hunt the right areas with the right sign and see what shows up. Surprise me...it's more fun (for me).

I do find enjoyment in running cams over things like scrapes, rubs and crossings though. It can be addicting...and educational... I just don't want to hurt my early season chances by doing that until later on.

I will say though....two of the bucks I located this year (by glassing) were already posted on here. I thought it was funny to see pictures of them on here. Small world.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear