IGNORED

4/17 shad

Finally a beat down (on me). Scouted out a new high water spot with a steep bank into the river as I literally slid into it on my back. After that recovery and some wet arms - went 10 of 12 between 3:30 and 5. Good fishing. Not great but much needed. Then between 5 and 6:30 it was literally a fish every cast. Insane fishing. All on double dart green chartreuse with 1/4 and 1/20 ounce trailer. I forgot my warm socks and had just patched my neoprene waders  so wore my thin ones - got out of there by 7pm while I could still feel my legs (barely) and with frozen feet. I landed two doubles - they did me a favor they fight each other and not me. They come in much faster! The night really slowed after 6:30 anyway. Even mix of buck / roe perhaps slightly more roe but none would make it to even 4#. I have no idea what my totals were - not that it matters. I was in in a stretch of river between Shawnee and Smithfield 

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

how far up the Delaware have the shad come so far?

I've never gone shad fishing before and I'm looking to give it a shot

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

16 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

They are all the way up into NY waters 

Thanks for the info. When are they typically just north of the water gap? I'd be fishing somewhere between Dingmans bridge and the water gap

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

13 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Thanks for the info. When are they typically just north of the water gap? I'd be fishing somewhere between Dingmans bridge and the water gap

They are there now . Fish in river from lambertville up through Ny .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/