IGNORED

11/8 check in

BowhunterNJ

50 minutes ago, Mpdiesel said:

Opted not to go this morning. Historically my spot slows for about5-6 days before exploding with some of the biggest deer I see all year cruising. Last two days have been dead at my spot. So going to let it cool down and hopefully get out there Saturday and Sunday before I head off to Illinois for gun season.

With today's drop in temps I would suggest getting out if you can.

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

42 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

With today's drop in temps I would suggest getting out if you can.

I may try it now. My afternoon meeting got cancelled and the wind supposed to change to NW which is when I get the best movement.

But I have cell cams out. Today will be 4 days of no deer. But I have 8 years of pictures from this exact area. Over those 8 years consistently no pictures over a 5-6 day period. It varies year to year when it starts but its consistently 5-6 days for whatever the reason may be. History repeats itself, Saturday and Sunday could be great days. So not sure if I want to disturb the area.

12 minutes ago, Mpdiesel said:

I may try it now. My afternoon meeting got cancelled and the wind supposed to change to NW which is when I get the best movement.

But I have cell cams out. Today will be 4 days of no deer. But I have 8 years of pictures from this exact area. Over those 8 years consistently no pictures over a 5-6 day period. It varies year to year when it starts but its consistently 5-6 days for whatever the reason may be. History repeats itself, Saturday and Sunday could be great days. So not sure if I want to disturb the area.

I hunt the Monmouth County parks and am not allowed to use a game camera by their rules.  But over my roughly 40 years of Bowhunting the vast majority of deer activity is in the first 10 days of November.  That’s not when I have killed my biggest.  The 3 biggest racked deer I have killed in the first 2 weeks of October.  The biggest bodied deer have been about 11/20 through the second week of December.  The majority of deer have been early November. You know you’re area but the weather change will likely have them on their feet today since the temps are about 20 degrees less than yesterday and we have a front with rain coming which also usually gets them on their feet. 

Good luck! 

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

3 hours ago, Mpdiesel said:

Opted not to go this morning. Historically my spot slows for about5-6 days before exploding with some of the biggest deer I see all year cruising. Last two days have been dead at my spot. So going to let it cool down and hopefully get out there Saturday and Sunday before I head off to Illinois for gun season.

What are the 5-6 days it slows? When does it explode again?

1 hour ago, Michael Britt said:

Read this article. Bill Winke owns midwestwhitetail.com, has been a writer for Peterson's bowhunting since the early 90's and the date windows he says for the Midwest have correlated in my experience in NJ, PA and NY . 

https://realtree.com/midwest-whitetail/articles/bill-winke-s-favorite-week-of-deer-season

https://www.bowhuntingmag.com/editorial/2023-whitetail-forecast-best-hunting-days/483391#:~:text=Bill%3A Nov. 7 has long,good bet at this time.

Edited by Farmingdales Finest

3 hours ago, Michael Britt said:

Im convinced it's a transition area. I rarely get the same deer twice but it varies year to year. From what I see in person and get on camera the most consistent days for this spot to slow is around November 2-5th. Then nothing until about 10-11th and will explode around the 13-15th.