IGNORED

11/8 check in

BowhunterNJ

Hopefully will be in the woods this afternoon.  

Driving through the park I hunt last night after work I had a huge doe run accross the street and down the trail towards the stand I hunted the night before and saw a big buck at 30 yards with a few minutes of legal light but too dark for me to see my pins.  I stopped and looked back after I passed the spot and about a minute later a good buck trotted accross the street and followed her.  

if I was in the stand I probably would have taken my permit buck but that’s why it’s called hunting and not killing. Luck is part of the equation and not just skill. 

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

In zone 16….Mr Big showed up at 8 yesterday while I was in zone 51!!  Ugh. That’s how the season been going for me!!  Very few deer observed…almost zero rut activity observed. 

Mr Big is now officially named Mr Random….randomly showing up at my spot when I’m at a different spot!!

saw 6 slickheads n a 6 pt bumping em around. Most deer I’ve seen Al season. 

Opted not to go this morning. Historically my spot slows for about5-6 days before exploding with some of the biggest deer I see all year cruising. Last two days have been dead at my spot. So going to let it cool down and hopefully get out there Saturday and Sunday before I head off to Illinois for gun season.

2 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Now i have a bear laying down 75 yards from me, i see bears every day i hunt no matter where i go, ugh!!  I feel bad for him, it has a broken or hurt front leg

IMG_0563.jpeg

That was my experience in September through early October. Once bear season kicked in they largely disappeared. Good luck.