IGNORED

11/8 check in

BowhunterNJ

52 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Man, you got great will power or an awesome spot. I see why you harvest giants. Thats a Nice Buck to let walk and agree will be even better next year. 

My awesome spots are only awesome very very few days a year. This is a different zone from where I shot my 9/15 giant.  Permit bow has sucked in all spots unless seeing spikes all day long is quality. But that what permit bow has been - the spike show. Which means full lockdown.  I am only blessed with patience and a strict conviction to honoring wind direction. The later I been holding my permit bow buck tags the more it has paid dividends over the years. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 hours ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

Read this article. Bill Winke owns midwestwhitetail.com, has been a writer for Peterson's bowhunting since the early 90's and the date windows he says for the Midwest have correlated in my experience in NJ, PA and NY . 

https://realtree.com/midwest-whitetail/articles/bill-winke-s-favorite-week-of-deer-season

https://www.bowhuntingmag.com/editorial/2023-whitetail-forecast-best-hunting-days/483391#:~:text=Bill%3A Nov. 7 has long,good bet at this time.

Yes, love watching Winke on YouTube. So what you're saying is your personal experience of dates mirrors his?

42 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

Yes, love watching Winke on YouTube. So what you're saying is your personal experience of dates mirrors his?

Bills dates have matched activity very well for me but I hunt the Monmouth County parks and am not allowed to use a game camera by their rules.  But over my roughly 40 years of Bowhunting the vast majority of deer activity is in the first 10 days of November.  That’s not when I have killed my biggest.  The 3 biggest racked deer I have killed in the first 2 weeks of October.  The biggest bodied deer have been about 11/20 through the second week of December.  The majority of deer have been early November. 

I would recommend being in the woods as much as you can especially between now and Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Farmingdales Finest

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

6 hours ago, megavites said:

@JHbowhunteris that a tending grunt?

No. There was one breeding age doe and some fawns he was harassing but I think she was already bred. He did not pursue her. He gave up on her and went back to seeking 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….