IGNORED

Semi live for Woodland Caribou..

Shug

2 hours ago, Shug said:

Arrived in Gander NFL....

saw both bags go on plane in Toronto ... landed and got a text one bag was removed and will arrive tomorrow ( one flight a day into here)

Have my bow case with everything I need .. just no clothes.. boots ...medication ...sleeping bag ... cigars...and on and on...

Air Canada  and Toronto suck...

that is all

My best friend is just like you. Whenever we go on a hunting trip together, and we do it often, everything goes wrong. There is a dark cloud over his head and there is no changing it.

1. so Carolina pig hunt- the coldest temps recorded there in 80 years. I had on everything i had in my bag and I was the only one to see and kill one in 5 days, 4 people in cam.
2. Bear hunt in NB. Hunted with this outfitter many times and there is no way you are not getting a bear. Two of us did not see one single bear, spring hunt with 20 degree weather. 
3. he booked for us Caribou hunt season starts somewhere in Canada. We get an email, hunts suspended indefinitely. 
4. he went into housing market and with in 6 months word economy crashed because of housing market. 
5. I got him a job with the company I worked for, 30 years in business, 8 months later we went out of business. 

and on and on, but the greatest guy you could ever meet. 

Edited by Lunatic

15 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

My best friend is just like you. Whenever we go on a hunting trip together, and we do it often, everything goes wrong. There is a dark cloud over his head and there is no changing it.

1. so Carolina pig hunt- the coldest temps recorded there in 80 years. I had on everything i had in my bag and I was the only one to see and kill one in 5 days, 4 people in cam.
2. Bear hunt in NB. Hunted with this outfitter many times and there is no way you are not getting a bear. Two of us did not see one single bear, spring hunt with 20 degree weather. 
3. he booked for us Caribou hunt season starts somewhere in Canada. We get an email, hunts suspended indefinitely. 
4. he went into housing market and with in 6 months word economy crashed because of housing market. 
5. I got him a job with the company I worked for, 30 years in business, 8 months later we went out of business. 

and on and on, but the greatest guy you could ever meet. 

Holy moly!  Those are some stories, I wish you'd go on and on, it's incredible!  Poor guy given how nice he is.

When I flew into St. John on Air Canada they cancelled the flight to Gander and they said you are on your own. $310 car rental later, we arrive at Gander! This is after cancelling the flight from Newark to St. John the day before.  

A guy flying into Gander from San Diego has his rifle lost and he couldn’t leave Toronto for two days!  Yup, Air Canada sucks!

Get a big one Mark!

3 minutes ago, Shug said:

The main camp was 2 hours from the airport then the" spike camp" I'm in was a 2 hour Argo ride in ... pretty Damm nice for a spike camp... TV Wi-Fi 

Im impressed 

im hunting with Conne river outfitters 

IMG_4483.png

IMG_4487.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4484.jpeg

Wow livin Large

What's for dinner

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

18 hours ago, Sako76 said:

When I flew into St. John on Air Canada they cancelled the flight to Gander and they said you are on your own. $310 car rental later, we arrive at Gander! This is after cancelling the flight from Newark to St. John the day before.  

A guy flying into Gander from San Diego has his rifle lost and he couldn’t leave Toronto for two days!  Yup, Air Canada sucks!

Get a big one Mark!

Toronto is the reason we drive to Canada now. I'd rather spend 2 days driving, in total control, then two days in that shithole again. 

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

Toronto is the reason we drive to Canada now. I'd rather spend 2 days driving, in total control, then two days in that shithole again. 

I drove to Newfoundland. Took everything I could possibly need and wasn't limited in weight. I wouldn't fly. I just came back from Italy and flights were both an hour late. I had a 8-hour layover because I missed a connection. All in all, nothing like the nightmare Shug is experiencing.