IGNORED

Treestand memorial for a friend

Wow... 

nice idea for the buddy. Nice.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Did a quick search, everything adds up. His wifes maiden name is Parsons too, so the person that made the plaque was likely his brother in law. 

Sad that he died at 37 and left behind a family, but very neat memorial for a friend...

Here's the obituary I found.

MICHAEL DAVID WARD

(Aug 05, 2003)

MICHAEL DAVID WARD, 37, of Kenova, died Friday at Beech Fork Lake. He is survived by his parents, Homer MacMaster Ward and Evelyn Louise Petry Ward of Wayne; his wife Mary Jane Parsons Ward, and their two children, April Rose Ward and Michael David Ward, Jr. all of Kenova. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. today at Johnson Nichols Funeral Home, Wayne; burial will follow in Mount Vernon Cemetery.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 3 years later...