IGNORED

Windy RB, ok bass/fluke - water pump shot.

JHbowhunter

No not that water pump. Thank god - only the more expensive one is shot not the 150 yamaha….  My 22 year old well pump died just as I got done cleaning boat in driveway and my son got his shower. 

took my son, his childhood best friend Chris and his brother. Launched back bay which was good considering the blasting W to NW then N winds. Made it 4 miles shy of Flynn’s knoll and found tons of bunker but no bass and since we suck at cast nets we had to struggle to snag bunker well under the surface. Put maybe a dozen in box in heavy chop and worked west. Never saw any marks that looked worth stopping on. Went further back and just decided to slow troll what bunker we had and with little marks they were getting eaten and we boated 5 of 9 hookups to 33”.  The two newbs just could not  grasp how to hook bass on circle hooks but got their firsts so they were pumped. Decided to fluke - slow pick and  landed 9 of 12 hook ups but 7 were keepers 4 were overs.   

I wanted to run much further east but 4 guys in a 20’ boat did not feel like getting beat up. 

IMG_2242.jpeg

IMG_2243.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

70637383850__91D1687F-1B2C-4DB8-A2D1-77B14FC33B60.jpeg

70637388424__6B97419E-B3A9-4E5C-9A0C-C26A078C7641.jpeg

IMG_6564.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

40 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

Congrats on a good day. I’ll be honest, I’m surprised you’re not good with a cast net (it seems like you’re a Jack of all trades —see what I did there lol). 

I just need time to practice.  Same with recurve. I am an old dog that can learn new tricks - just need to make the time. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Nice job captain, I went on a charter Saturday morning, we caught 20 in that bunker school up to 20lbs,mostly smaller fish with a lot of run offs and no connections .Wish I was in my own boat because our Captain didnt put much effort into it, he was even 15 minutes late !!!!

Edited by bucky

28 minutes ago, bucky said:

Nice job captain, I went on a charter Saturday morning, we caught 20 in that bunker school up to 20lbs,mostly smaller fish with a lot of run offs and no connections .Wish I was in my own boat because our Captain didnt put much effort into it, he was even 15 minutes late !!!!

Maybe you need a new vendor

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I just need time to practice.  Same with recurve. I am an old dog that can learn new tricks - just need to make the time. 

Takes ten minutes to learn how to throw a cast net well 

then gets better every throw after that . 
most bad throws are caused by throwing the net too hard 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/