IGNORED

Concealed Carry

A retired State Trooper told my friend be careful signing up immediately for carry permit. There may be changes etc to how NJ handles the transaction. So  your application could be initially declined because of updates to process. So then when you reapply and you answer the question...Have you been turned for a carry permit?... and answer yes ..........they will reject your app moving forward. Not sure if this is true just a heads up.

I heard something similar but the law allows you to have your denial reviewed at your request by a judge in your own county. And the last time I checked, a law that was in the process of changing is still the law until it actually changes. They can’t simply deny an application based on the assumption that changes are coming. But hey, we’ll see. 

2 hours ago, NJ8pointer said:

A retired State Trooper told my friend be careful signing up immediately for carry permit. There may be changes etc to how NJ handles the transaction. So  your application could be initially declined because of updates to process. So then when you reapply and you answer the question...Have you been turned for a carry permit?... and answer yes ..........they will reject your app moving forward. Not sure if this is true just a heads up.

Good heads up

Do not wait if you want to pursue your CC permit.  No laws have changed and I am unaware of any bills even in committee yet that could lead to a change.  If you apply today, the process would be long over before any new laws are made, if there is any future change to any of our laws.  CC permits are being issued in many towns, but not in others.  I do not see NJ changing the laws anyway.  It's currently a major PITA to apply right now, and that's what the state wants - high cost, lots of hassles, and frequent re-issuance requirements to repeat the process in hopes many will drop out.  The state also knows it cannot go "too far" in making CCs difficult or overly expensive because SCOTUS in its ruling (NY Rifle & Pistol Clubs v Bruen) stated that will be deemed unconstitutional as it discriminates against low wage earners, many of them minorities.    

47 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Do not wait if you want to pursue your CC permit.  No laws have changed and I am unaware of any bills even in committee yet that could lead to a change.  If you apply today, the process would be long over before any new laws are made, if there is any future change to any of our laws.  CC permits are being issued in many towns, but not in others.  I do not see NJ changing the laws anyway.  It's currently a major PITA to apply right now, and that's what the state wants - high cost, lots of hassles, and frequent re-issuance requirements to repeat the process in hopes many will drop out.  The state also knows it cannot go "too far" in making CCs difficult or overly expensive because SCOTUS in its ruling (NY Rifle & Pistol Clubs v Bruen) stated that will be deemed unconstitutional as it discriminates against low wage earners, many of them minorities.    

Cost not to bad.  200 all in for me.  Getting printed today.  My qual was 90 not the 150 plus some are charging

52 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Cost not to bad.  200 all in for me.  Getting printed today.  My qual was 90 not the 150 plus some are charging

Remember to add in the ammo for qualifications (unless that was included?).  But good to see folks getting theirs!  I realize it's WAY TOO MUCH to ask NJ to ever be a constitutional carry state, but at least there is now a path to CC for those legal gun owners that want to carry and you don't need to be brothers with the Governor or a retired LEO.   

5 hours ago, nmc02 said:

You buddy's "friend" is probably a guy who retired 25 years ago, who wrote 1,000,000 tickets on the parkway and never did a firearms investigation/process in his career.

Nope Sussex County retired within last 2 yrs...I am not too sure about the process just wanted to share what I was told. Has anyone actually been approved and is carrying?

28 minutes ago, NJ8pointer said:

Nope Sussex County retired within last 2 yrs...I am not too sure about the process just wanted to share what I was told. Has anyone actually been approved and is carrying?

Personally, I have not.  However, at this point possibly dozens of CCPs have been issued.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

30 minutes ago, NJ8pointer said:

There are a couple of NJ specific firearms Facebook pages where some are posting they are getting their permits issued, so it is happening but in a very sporadic way right now.  Or so it seems.  

please reach out to you representatives - THIS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR CCW RIGHT NOW

HR 1808 - ban on semi auto rifles AND SOME PISTOLS (yes youre AR-15)

HR 2814 - Bill that allows gun manufacturers to be held liable if a criminal uses their gun in a crime.

CALL - EMAIL - TEXT- DM

8 minutes ago, FeniQuest217 said:

please reach out to you representatives - THIS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR CCW RIGHT NOW

HR 1808 - ban on semi auto rifles AND SOME PISTOLS (yes youre AR-15)

HR 2814 - Bill that allows gun manufacturers to be held liable if a criminal uses their gun in a crime.

CALL - EMAIL - TEXT- DM

Agreed.  But realize it won't effect us in nj as we already have the ban at least the way I read the bill I could be wrong