IGNORED

🤔 am I the only one???

Roon

That went to the 4th of July parade and thought WTF? 

I love this day and THANK everyone that , made it happen.

However today angry and pissed off.

Just watched ambulance after ambulance followed by fire truck after fire truck then police car after police car, burning up countless gallons of Diesel and gasoline all on my taxpayer dollar.

While my tax dollars outweigh my mortgage payment.

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

1 minute ago, Roon said:

Just watched ambulance after ambulance followed by fire truck after fire truck then police car after police car, burning up countless gallons of Diesel and gasoline all on my taxpayer dollar.

These celebrations have been going on for decades, as they should. The waste you speak of has nothing to do with the parade it is the behemoth that is government and bureaucracy that is responsible for our tax burden.

Democrats rule the purse in this state and never mind spending others money. 

9 minutes ago, Roon said:

You live in a good town, most are volunteers, nobody complains about fuel when they respond to emergencies and save lives!!

Don't be a Karen enjoy the fireworks tonight with your wife and girls.:rolleyes::up:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

You live in a good town, most are volunteers, nobody complains about fuel when they respond to emergencies and save lives!!

Don't be a Karen enjoy the fireworks tonight with your wife and girls.:rolleyes::up:

LOL Bob my father is a 30-year paid captain firefighter, volunteers are nothing but foundation savers lol 

Not a Karen by no means, but I am burnt at my taxes, and your little town sucks with the set to beg for money at the holidays lol.

24 minutes ago, Roon said:

LOL Bob my father is a 30-year paid captain firefighter, volunteers are nothing but foundation savers lol 

Not a Karen by no means, but I am burnt at my taxes, and your little town sucks with the set to beg for money at the holidays lol.

I know many volunteers and am one just not active at the moment.  I will put my department up against almost any paid department.  It is changing but the older volunteers have heart and fighting fires is a piece of soul.  We don't do it for a paycheck we do it to give back to the community.  I have seen paid guys call volunteers nuts for some of the things they go into.  Paid or volunteer it takes a special breed to run into the flames while everyone else is running out.

Preserving life is priority one and if there is a way in you go in if there's belief of entrapment. no entrapment preservation of property is priority 2 after self preservation.  Mobile homes are almost always no go if working on arrival unless there nay be entrapment I've seen a mobile home burn to nothing in minutes .

As for asking for donations tge average volunteer dept gets 6000 dollars for maintenance a year on a truck and the average cost is a bit over 16000 per truck(pumper) per year.  Wich is why coin tosses car washes pancake breakfasts etc are essential to volunteer departments .  Alot of volunteer departments also pay for a good part of training for each and sometimes gear.  Most paid depts are supported by a fire tax.

Edited by vdep217

12 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Not 100 percent true.  I saved a few before they burned, but it happens sometimes.  My small VFD took a lot of pride helping our community.  Maybe walk that comment back, at least halfway...

Half way ok however, they are not called "jolly vollies" for nothing lol beer served in the soda machine.

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

I live in a $hitty town and have my whole life, just need to finish my career to leave, not one that hates NJ so moves to PA only to come back and relay on NJ LOL

49 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I know many volunteers and am one just not active at the moment.  I will put my department up against almost any paid department.  It is changing but the older volunteers have heart and fighting fires is a piece of soul.  We don't do it for a paycheck we do it to give back to the community.  I have seen paid guys call volunteers nuts for some of the things they go into.  Paid or volunteer it takes a special breed to run into the flames while everyone else is running out.

Preserving life is priority one and if there is a way in you go in if there's belief of entrapment. no entrapment preservation of property is priority 2 after self preservation.  Mobile homes are almost always no go if working on arrival unless there nay be entrapment I've seen a mobile home burn to nothing in minutes .

As for asking for donations tge average volunteer dept gets 6000 dollars for maintenance a year on a truck and the average cost is a bit over 16000 per truck(pumper) per year.  Wich is why coin tosses car washes pancake breakfasts etc are essential to volunteer departments .  Alot of volunteer departments also pay for a good part of training for each and sometimes gear.  Most paid depts are supported by a fire tax.

Every paid guy I know can't stand the JV volunteers. Those are their words, not mine

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

27 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Every paid guy I know can't stand the JV volunteers. Those are their words, not mine

It's a thing that has been around for a while in fact I know a a forest fire head that will kick volunteers off the scene when he arrives.  Makes no sense at tge end of the day you are there to preserve life and watch your brothers back..

1 hour ago, Roon said:

Imagine the taxes if the dept. was a full paid dept. 

1 hour ago, Roon said:

Hat's off to  your dad:up:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Roon said:

Half way ok however, they are not called "jolly vollies" for nothing lol beer served in the soda machine.

I'll take a Jolly Vollie then nothing at all. Cynicism is just another nail in the nations coffin and judging by current affairs the lid is just about shut. There is very little to celebrate in regards to the country. Yet another shooting committed by someone under 25, corruption, polarization, inflation, it's endless.

At least the spirit of community and service that help build the country still exists in those who volunteer.

I completely understand the tax rage. It's disgusting and just one of many reasons to leave this state but that said a little parade ain't nothing compared to what is wasted daily locally, state and country wide. 

Not much to celebrate but a great deal to appreciate.     

29 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

I'll take a Jolly Vollie then nothing at all. Cynicism is just another nail in the nations coffin and judging by current affairs the lid is just about shut. There is very little to celebrate in regards to the country. Yet another shooting committed by someone under 25, corruption, polarization, inflation, it's endless.

At least the spirit of community and service that help build the country still exists in those who volunteer.

I completely understand the tax rage. It's disgusting and just one of many reasons to leave this state but that said a little parade ain't nothing compared to what is wasted daily locally, state and country wide. 

Not much to celebrate but a great deal to appreciate.     

A fire tax is somthing you don't want.  Alot of places especially  out west if someone can't afford the tax or forgets to pay unless there is a danger to life they watch it burn.  I could not do it