IGNORED

Dick's Sporting Goods

ithaca10

41 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Boycotts,  :censored:  - Are self serving & a Waste of time, To name a few I got caught up in,  Are Coke -NASCAR - NFL BLM - Dicks - .. The NFL & Nascar went bust big time Coke could care less same as Dicks, -  Support Your Local business, :headscratch:  Be American By American was what was Pushed by My UAW :rofl: .  Hire Union labor. :eek:.  

Ever feel you are the only one doing the Boycotting,   Or Paying more Locally and have bad customer services, No returns no refunds,

I Buy as much as I Can from AMAZON as a ( Premium Member )  NEVER AY ISSUES & Free Returns and choice of Credit or back to my Card, Next Day or 2-3 day,     Guess one could say supporting Local since they have many locations in NJ and The Workers are Local. 

Really ? The black gun ban at the Harrisburg show a few years ago and the boycott caused the largest outdoor show in the world to shut down. It then was taken over by the NRA. Boycotts do work, sometimes not at the scale all would like but they do have consequences. As a matter of integrity and my own principles, I will never spend a dime at Dicks or Sportsmans Guide

All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Just now, Bucndoe said:

Really ? The black gun ban at the Harrisburg show a few years ago and the boycott caused the largest outdoor show in the world to shut down. It then was taken over by the NRA. Boycotts do work, sometimes not at the scale all would like but they do have consequences. As a matter of integrity and my own principles, I will never spend a dime at Dicks or Sportsmans Guide

Apples Oranges --A Venue solely supported by a Single group Boycotts.   Is far different than a  Business supported by the public at large.     

Huntin was a very small part of Dicks per say,  

Chick-Fil A faced a National Boycott and it Increased sales 10 fold, --- Gert it :acclaim:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

9 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Apples Oranges --A Venue solely supported by a Single group Boycotts.   Is far different than a  Business supported by the public at large.     

Huntin was a very small part of Dicks per say,  

Chick-Fil A faced a National Boycott and it Increased sales 10 fold, --- Gert it :acclaim:

Nope. As I said they work, just not sometimes to the extent one desires. If it is a very small minority like the Chik-Fil A situation was it will most likely always backfire

Dicks is going out of its way to have an influence on 2A issues instead of just removing the firearms and hunting sections. Big difference from just making a business decision that effects the bottom line

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

According to their CEO it worked and effected their bottom line. You shop where you want, you do what you want, I just don't shut up about it. 

Just remember the more you support the large corporations, the more they become the only game in town. AND then they control the market. How fast we forget who was open during covid and still sold things. Who stood up to government infringement. Some people like to live with their heads in the sand, and that is ok. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dicks-ceo-gun-control-boycotts-buycotts-2019-11

Remember Sundown at Coffin rock. Remember when they came and I said nothing. 

I get having to do something you don't want to do sometimes. BUT to keep doing it when you don't need to or even supporting it, well, that is something different.

I don't know where the OP lives but it sounds like a great business opportunity to be in that radius with sporting equipment. A google search might even produce some nice places to shop, maybe it won't.

If you have a mom and pop shop that performs bad or doesn't have customer service, - work with them to improve. Let them know where they fall short and where they excel. Their cooperation may surprise you.

AND believe me, I have seen small shops that were horrible and plenty of people let them know and they just turned a blind eye, so I get it.

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Just now, electric10162 said:

Firearms Guild is in Union County do they sell fishing, archery and camping equipment along with outdoor clothing.  NO

All they sell are guns. Not interested in buying guns have all i want or need. Why no response to the 67% of people that didn't vote in the last gubnatoral election how many were sportsman maybe that's why you have no bear hunt, maybe you will be paying for a saltwater fishing license. Now "The Gap" into a National Park how many reached out to their Federal and State Reps. and senators probably squat. Rest my case.

3 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Fine your choice. Just like it's my choice to shop there.

It absolutely is.  Guys including me are trying to help support our cause.  You say there isn't another shop within 30 miles of you.  But there are other options.  You can order online and have ammo delivered to your door step.  Some may require  a copy of your dl and fid but will ship.  You can stop for ammo when you are out doing other things.  There are options

4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

The problem is dicks is actively and openly supporting anti 2a groups so essentially we are digging our own Graves by supporting them. Yes other companies have had run ins but are not actively an openly funding agsinst

Lots of big companies give millions against your causes .

ATT  is a huge contributor to PETA. 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

It absolutely is.  Guys including me are trying to help support our cause.  You say there isn't another shop within 30 miles of you.  But there are other options.  You can order online and have ammo delivered to your door step.  Some may require  a copy of your dl and fid but will ship.  You can stop for ammo when you are out doing other things.  There are options

I am unable to drive distances do to Agent Orange/ neuropothy in my feet and legs thanks to Uncle Sam. Dick's in Union is 1/2 mile from my home i can walk there.

Every time this topic comes up, I say the same thing. SO MANY small time Sporting Goods stores are run/owned by assholes. I honestly don't get it. They act like they are doing you a huge favor by selling to you. Targeteers comes to mind.. but have have this experience at several "mom and pop shops" and know many people that also have.