IGNORED

Dick's Sporting Goods

ithaca10

1 minute ago, Hunter115522 said:

Every time this topic comes up, I say the same thing. SO MANY small time Sporting Goods stores are run/owned by assholes. I honestly don't get it. They act like they are doing you a huge favor by selling to you. Targeteers comes to mind.. but have have this experience at several "mom and pop shops" and know many people that also have.

Targeters a perfect example. The Hertiage Guild on rt22 is another. I would be surprised if they are still open. I went there a few years back to purchase a bow it was like the guy could care less to show and sell me something.

For those that think they are doing Gods work by boycotting Dicks, I hope you don't have, use, or eat at:

AOL

Time Warner Cable

AT&T

Comcast

Bank of America

Burger King

Chipotle

Costco

Credit Karma

Fly with Delta

Use Door Dash

Use Ebay

Shop at Gap

Have GEICO or Progressive

Go to the Hard Rock

HBO or Showtime 

Wear Levi's

Use Uber or Lyft

Use Microsoft

Have/Use Northwell Health

Eat at Panera

Use PayPal

Sail on Royal Caribbean

Eat anything form Sara Lee

Eat at Shake Shack or Sonic or Subway

10 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Lots of big companies give millions against your causes .

ATT  is a huge contributor to PETA. 

Dan I agree with you and it would be near impossible to boycott every company that donates against hunting or the 2a.  My point is Dicks openly donates to anti 2a groups and on top of it has basically turned their backs on hunters and shooters by pulling products out of stores than to top it off hypocriticaly still sell hunting and shooting supplies through field and stream.

I know it's a stretch and not true but would you buy Yamaha outboards if Yamaha was trying to end all fishing and boating.  My point is if your buying equipment for a passion why not buy from a place that supports your passion is all

4 minutes ago, BHC said:

People got balls telling others how to spend their money

If WaWa came out against hunting and guns would you leave your job?

I refuse to give money to Starbucks (my kids like it) cause they are anti cop...but my choice no one elses

My point is why wouldn't you buy products that are used in your passion by companies that also share support and try to grow your passion.  I already stated it would be near impossible to boycott every company that donates against 2a or hunting.

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Dan I agree with you and it would be near impossible to boycott every company that donates against hunting or the 2a.  My point is Dicks openly donates to anti 2a groups and on top of it has basically turned their backs on hunters and shooters by pulling products out of stores than to top it off hypocriticaly still sell hunting and shooting supplies through field and stream.

I know it's a stretch and not true but would you buy Yamaha outboards if Yamaha was trying to end all fishing and boating.  My point is if your buying equipment for a passion why not buy from a place that supports your passion is all

No actually the hypocrisy was they pulled a certain type of gun from their shelves . Still selling many others , ammo and tons of other outdoor related items at better prices than many .

due to sportsman deciding to spend their money elseware boycotting dicks , they took it to the next step and have eliminated much of what they had to offer ..

so in Essence many got what they asked for .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

No actually the hypocrisy was they pulled a certain type of gun from their shelves . Still selling many others , ammo and tons of other outdoor related items at better prices than many .

due to sportsman deciding to spend their money elseware boycotting dicks , they took it to the next step and have eliminated much of what they had to offer ..

so in Essence many got what they asked for .

Again I can agree. I believe they will be the next sports authority.  Soon after they stopped guns and ammo they were gone but it is a different climate.  I do disagree it was solely about pulling the ar as most stores pulled all hunting and shooting items maybe you are correct but in my eyes when the pulled hunting and shooting sections from all stores near me it was the end.

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

Dick's in Easton still sells hunting items including firearms...no ARs , big deal

It wasn't the pulling of the ar that swayed me it was the fact they pulled hunting sections and firearms totally from alot of stores.  That is turning their backs on hunters and shooters.  And it could be rumor but I did hear they all will eventually remove hunting and shooting items

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

So out of 728 locations 565 of them no longer Cary hunting or shooting items.  That in the eyes of many is turning their backs on us

Big business doesn't really care about turning their backs on small groups of customers. They make decisions based on profit. If carrying guns creates a liability  (i.e-them getting sued if a gun they sold is used in a crime) why would they continue to sell guns? Stores exist to maximize profit, not to keep a small percent of the population happy. If Dicks was making huge profits on other hunting gear, like camo, stands, etc, they wouldn't get rid of those departments. 

12 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It wasn't the pulling of the ar that swayed me it was the fact they pulled hunting sections and firearms totally from alot of stores.  That is turning their backs on hunters and shooters.  And it could be rumor but I did hear they all will eventually remove hunting and shooting items

AND, they add their own corporate rules to ammo sales that are over and above that required by NJ statute. That is why I stopped shopping and spending my money there which was long before they pulled the AR's and hunting stuff.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."