IGNORED

Dick's Sporting Goods

ithaca10

Their actions and policy sucks, but there are people on fix income that still want to enjoy the outdoors,  who hell are we to tell people where to shop? If they fey the same product  at a better price great, if the mom and pop shop will price match great WIN, if they don't oh well....

6 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Really ? The black gun ban at the Harrisburg show a few years ago and the boycott caused the largest outdoor show in the world to shut down. It then was taken over by the NRA. Boycotts do work, sometimes not at the scale all would like but they do have consequences. As a matter of integrity and my own principles, I will never spend a dime at Dicks or Sportsmans Guide

All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing

Well said. Thank You

21 minutes ago, BHC said:

Their actions and policy sucks, but there are people on fix income that still want to enjoy the outdoors,  who hell are we to tell people where to shop? If they fey the same product  at a better price great, if the mom and pop shop will price match great WIN, if they don't oh well....

There is no I in your we.

I have consistently said on this site spend your money how you wish. I have never told anyone what to do with their money or where to spend it. I have only posted why I choose not to support certain places like Dicks or Sportsmans Guide. If others choose to also or not, that is up to them. Sometimes people are unaware of the backstory support for causes through no fault of their own. When the find certain things out, sometimes they change their perspective or spending habits.

Also, Starbucks coffee tastes like shyzza and I never spend my money there either. We only buy Black Rifle Coffee for our home. We like what they stand for and their coffee is really good too.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

7 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

There is no I in your we.

I have consistently said on this site spend your money how you wish. I have never told anyone what to do with their money or where to spend it. I have only posted why I choose not to support certain places like Dicks or Sportsmans Guide. If others choose to also or not, that is up to them. Sometimes people are unaware of the backstory support for causes through no fault of their own. When the find certain things out, sometimes they change their perspective or spending habits.

Also, Starbucks coffee tastes like shyzza and I never spend my money there either. We only buy Black Rifle Coffee for our home. We like what they stand for and their coffee is really good too.

I agree you made the choice for your own reasons and not trying to tell others where to shop. And Starbucks I had it twice in 25 years and agree it sucks

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

It wasn't the pulling of the ar that swayed me it was the fact they pulled hunting sections and firearms totally from alot of stores.  That is turning their backs on hunters and shooters.  And it could be rumor but I did hear they all will eventually remove hunting and shooting items

They did that after YEARS   of outdoorsman boycotting the stores after they removed AR 

so instead of them selling all the rest of the items outdoorsman use and being able to make a profit on what thEY carried , it wasn’t cost effective anymore .

im betting that DICKS sold as many treestands as any other vendor . And at 2/3 the price .

archery equipment sold on sales at many times 50 percent off .

fishing products at about 80% of other places .

Hunting clothing and boots at 50% off .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

Big business doesn't really care about turning their backs on small groups of customers. They make decisions based on profit. If carrying guns creates a liability  (i.e-them getting sued if a gun they sold is used in a crime) why would they continue to sell guns? Stores exist to maximize profit, not to keep a small percent of the population happy. If Dicks was making huge profits on other hunting gear, like camo, stands, etc, they wouldn't get rid of those departments. 

This is completely wrong in Dicks case. The CEO even wrote a book about it.

A simple google will tell you about how much money they lost

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

That CEO is also no longer there ?

What is your point?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

1 minute ago, thefirstndsecond said:

What is your point?

The company removed him due to losses on his decision .

they tried to say hunting stuff was low profit , which it isn’t .

‘Rumors Are the new CEO is bringing hunting and fishing items back .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

Every time this topic comes up, I say the same thing. SO MANY small time Sporting Goods stores are run/owned by assholes. I honestly don't get it. They act like they are doing you a huge favor by selling to you. Targeteers comes to mind.. but have have this experience at several "mom and pop shops" and know many people that also have.

bingo. strictly archery comes to my mind. 3 out of 3 times i visted there. me the customer, was bothering them.  not to mention all the shit all over the place. 

54 minutes ago, Kype said:

bingo. strictly archery comes to my mind. 3 out of 3 times i visted there. me the customer, was bothering them.  not to mention all the shit all over the place. 

Did you call the manager later? Did you provide feed back at all to the store?

I know there is one firearms store I don't visit because they are **** AND they know it. Same with a local range - no visiting there either.

It's an hour and a half drive from where I am to Cabela's in fact I was planning on going about a week ago. My roommate wanted to get some fishing equipment. I support a couple of outdoors mom and pop shops ( Skylands Sport Shop in Augusta and Wallenpaupack sport shop). I'm right now looking for a Glock 44 (probably won't find one unless I do gun broker or guns.com). I typically go to Wallenpaupack Sport Shop with my boss as he's a more frequent visitor there and I can get a good price on bulk ammo when I'm with him. Great owners at both locations!!

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

Until they change their stance, I will continue to spend my money elsewhere. 

Like Dan said, they sell a lot of treestands at great prices and over the years I bought quite a few. They also sold Dead Down Wind, Rage, and Code Blue scents. My daughter played softball into her college years and it was stocked with girls softball stuff all year.

I had the credit card as well.