IGNORED

N.J.F.G.& W. Donations

JD48

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Simple answer because we as hunters actually give a crap.dont know about you but I do not want bird watchers dog walkers etc paying anything for wma use.  Than they will fight for a say in what the land is used for.  I used to duck hunt a piece that was open space land and huntable birdwatchers built blinds to watch from snd parking spaces complained and now can't hunt it.

If the money is donated for wma  improvement it can't be touched for anything else saving it from the hands of Murphy.   My hope would be that part or the funds go tword enforcement of atv use and enforcement of fishing lisence range use etc.  

Imo part of the problems we have are passing the buck..  we do enough someone else should do somthing..  remember the old saying if you want it done right do it yourself.  Well if we hunters want to improve our wmas let's do it ourselves and this is one way.  Don't want to put out more money than you already do.  Let's organize a day to clean a local wma..

Well pick a day and everyone meet at their closest wma for 3 or 4 hours to clean fields ranges sides of roads along the lake edges.  Make it a regular thing and the state will see us hunters give a crap and maybe it'll gain more ground for more improvements.

I agree somewhat not sure where you hunt . But Mountain bikers , dog walkers ,bird watchers ,horse riders have ruined many of my hunts already .Mountain bikers are making trails everywhere/ They have scheduled races throughout the state parks . Look at onx maps they even have all there trails marked out .  Hunters cant even cut a twig for a shooting lane . Seems they have more rights then  us already . I am talking state parks not WMA areas that's why I semi agree with you .  I do not mind paying my share at all and would even donate .  Make them pay too .

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

Not throwing stones but deleting and doing nothing dosnt help our cause either..

I'm not shaming anyone like you are doing with your post.. I am simply pointing out that people shouldn't get worked up because they ask for a donation. They can just ignore it like I did. You can't sweat all the small stuff.

28 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I'm not shaming anyone like you are doing with your post.. I am simply pointing out that people shouldn't get worked up because they ask for a donation. They can just ignore it like I did. You can't sweat all the small stuff.

Not shaming making it known might be the only way were going to get somthing done.  While it seems small now could be disaster for us in the future.  Ignoring an issue dosnt fix it..  what if they can't get funds the next step will be a bike riding permit.  Bike riders we need a day without hunters in fields.  Ok back to no Sunday hunting.  Still not enough funds.  Bird watching permit.  Bird watchers we need a spot to watch from. Blind goes up.  But not for hunters than well every time we Bird watch thers hunters we need a day for just Bird watching and no bike riders so now hunters loose another day.  You get the picture.  Hoe about when they can't get the funds now lisences go up and guys already complain about it costing to much to hunt.  So instead of a one time 20 dollar donation your now paying x dollars more per lisence and stamps permits etc evey year.  And all ofthat money will not go to improvement 

Edited by vdep217

@vdep217 I'm with you.

For those that want bike riders, hikers and bird watchers to pay a license fee, be careful what you wish for .. once they have "skin in the game" they will demand access for their licenses. No hunting on Sundays or at all in some areas, some public waterfowl areas no hunting, etc. Etc. If I was a bike rider or birder paying license fees, I know I would be asking for that. 

WMA use should be for people in possession of a valid and current hunting license or fishing license. 

VDEP is on point. If we allow mtn bikers, bird watchers and everyone else to have a valid say by purchasing various non-hunting and fishing use permits, we will lose control of these properties. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

4 hours ago, electricstart said:

If Mountain Bikers pay for a License to ride the park trails  .I will donate.  I feel hunters and fisherman pay our fair share . Why are we only ones to pay when many others use the parks . 

I thing they should start licensing the use of the parks by permit for the Hikers, ATV riders and any other users just like the hunters and fisherman have to do. Permits by zone and lottery to limit over crowding.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, bushden said:

I thing they should start licensing the use of the parks by permit for the Hikers, ATV riders and any other users just like the hunters and fisherman have to do. Permits by zone and lottery to limit over crowding.

Where can we ride ATVs in NJ parks ?  ,I will pay .Have to go to PA (registration fee  ) Allegany National park 35 dollars . to ride I pay there . Happy to pay PA too you get a lot of areas to ride. Closed during hunting season which is Good . 

12 minutes ago, bushden said:

Not for wma.  Once they have skin in game we will loose say in what they are used for

7 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Not for wma.  Once they have skin in game we will loose say in what they are used for

Not if they regulate it like hunting and have seasons in specific WMA (like zones) that dont conflict with other activities JUST LIKE THEY DO NOW TO HUNTERS.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

They should open a few parks for ATVs  they could charge 100 bucks a year per permit plus registration fees .NJ would make a fortune but for insurance reasons and the NJ lawyers they cant . Close for hunting like PA and many other states . Check out WV they make a fortune on off road vehicle permits plus really helped the economy . 

Here's the thing .. if they start charging for licenses for "non-consumptive" activities (I just used a grown-up word there) and the license is only good for the "atv riding season" or "hiking season" (say, the summer) they damn well better strictly enforce the "off season" riding just like they enforce out of season hunting.

But... I don't even want them to grant licenses for that. For one, birding isn't a summer-only activity... There are waterfowl watchers that would want access during waterfowl seasons, for example. Hikers will want to hike in the fall and winter, too.