IGNORED

N.J.F.G.& W. Donations

JD48

54 minutes ago, bushden said:

Not if they regulate it like hunting and have seasons in specific WMA (like zones) that dont conflict with other activities JUST LIKE THEY DO NOW TO HUNTERS.

It was talked about the years I was active in the federation.  Enforcement was an issue of  concern as well as legal concerns is why it never came to fruit.

The logistics would be mayhem.  Dmv with registration insurances etc..  not to mention we do not have the trail systems of other states that are also used for snowmobiles and one can go miles without ever intersecting a paved road.  

Edited by vdep217

1 hour ago, bushden said:

I thing they should start licensing the use of the parks by permit for the Hikers, ATV riders and any other users just like the hunters and fisherman have to do. Permits by zone and lottery to limit over crowding.

Yea the moment they do that you that do hunt the wma”s better go find some private land

They will get nothing from me. 

I've called fish and game several times over the years about game violations and nothing. 

So that's what they get. 

If they need money. Start charging for all those buck tags and doe tags. 

Charge more for the bear permit. 

I don't know if it's still $2 but that's insane. 

Start charging non-residents more. 

Start managing the deer herd better and for better quality bucks and the higher priced tags will sell themselves

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

As per the last sentence in the email, doesn't sound like it is geared toward hunters but to the other people who haven't paid a cent toward the land.  What are they doing to manage WMA's that costs so much that they also need donations?  Besides putting up beware of bear signs to stop future attacks:shakehead:

8 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

As per the last sentence in the email, doesn't sound like it is geared toward hunters but to the other people who haven't paid a cent toward the land.  What are they doing to manage WMA's that costs so much that they also need donations?  Besides putting up beware of bear signs to stop future attacks:shakehead:

I wonder how many non- hunters get the email.  hope there not greasing us for another increase

14 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Wmas like peasly get food plots planted well groomed habitat management for quail etc..  the problem is the best wmas with best soil gets the attention with available funds right now.  I know colliers mills gets controll burned every year and fish n game has a hand in it.  The worst mistake ever was the lisence funds being included in general fund

11 minutes ago, JD48 said:

I wonder how many non- hunters get the email.  hope there not greasing us for another increase

I would be ok with an increase if those increased funds were not in the general fund and used for purchase of new lands improvements of wmas and  enforcement. 

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Wmas like peasly get food plots planted well groomed habitat management for quail etc..  the problem is the best wmas with best soil gets the attention with available funds right now.  I know colliers mills gets controll burned every year and fish n game has a hand in it.  The worst mistake ever was the lisence funds being included in general fund

That's how corrupt NJ works.  Get funding for something specific then throw it into the general fund to be spent anywhere they want.

Just now, Greybeard said:

That's how corrupt NJ works.  Get funding for something specific then throw it into the general fund to be spent anywhere they want.

Only way we will get change is people doing somthing about it..  we need to get involved in the federation of sportsman and make our voices heard.

At least with this donation it will go to what it is intended for as its a donation for wma improvement so it really can't be used for anything else

38 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

So many WMAs came with buildings that require care and often at great expense. That’s why you see so many ultimately being bulldozed after falling into disrepair. There are fences and posting duties and road maintenance and working with conservation organizations on lands management issues, etc. are all a part of what is done by very few staff. 

2 hours ago, vdep217 said:

It was talked about the years I was active in the federation.  Enforcement was an issue of  concern as well as legal concerns is why it never came to fruit.

The logistics would be mayhem.  Dmv with registration insurances etc..  not to mention we do not have the trail systems of other states that are also used for snowmobiles and one can go miles without ever intersecting a paved road.  

Sounds like it might open some more jobs for CO LE. That could be a WIN WIN for everyone.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Only way we will get change is people doing somthing about it..  we need to get involved in the federation of sportsman and make our voices heard.

At least with this donation it will go to what it is intended for as its a donation for wma improvement so it really can't be used for anything else

vdep217, i read the email again, it says " maintaining the w.m.a." don't know if that's the same as improvements, it was better before they turned it over to NJDEP, remember when they wanted to dump all the haz mat drums there? where the hell did all the clam shells come from?