IGNORED

5/14 - 5/16 Live fishing Blog

JHbowhunter

2 hours ago, Zipper said:

This is why we do it. Nothing better than  fresh seafood! Thanks  Jack and Jake. It's always special to fish with a father and son team. Brings back some great memories. And made some new ones today!

20210515_185547.jpg

Looks great ! I made my striper cakes tonight with a little sriracha aioli , came out awesome!   Shame on me for not getting pics.   I was too exited to serve to guests and eat for myself.  

18 hours ago, LPJR said:

team america vomit GIFI just got off the phone with @3Blade..Could not understand what he was saying. He is heaving still. 

What did you boys do to him today?? 

He is wrecked!!:vomit:

Next time I sea bass fish with 3Blade, I’m taking him out for a clam dinner the night before. At least the chum the next day will be appropriate....

25 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

It does indeed. Only thing that would go great with that is some raw roe. Looks like the run is strong late this year, just got this text from JackD802E25A-849A-4D0E-8D3A-C029DE15B4A0.thumb.jpeg.36fe45f30ef6bc9faa943e9000306673.jpeg

Funny, I thought he said something about the run being over......

On 5/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, OldPiney Woods said:

I usually don’t fish on weekends unless I going with someone who is only available on weekends. I am retired and leave the waterways on weekends to those who work and can only fish then.  Besides I was out the last 3 days. Got a bunch of nice smallies and trout. Here are the two biggest: a 17 inch smallie and a 17 inch trout. All close to home in central Jersey.

384C50A0-93A1-4BCD-9261-6CCB129B8950.jpeg

F181F1B6-C2EC-4773-8217-8A323FA1B524.jpeg

Awesome Smallie. That is my little man's #1 bucket list fish for 2021. None around here in Ocean County. Will look for spots in Central Jersey to take him

Great weekend of fishing topped off by tonight - and yes the shad bite started extremely well but tapered off gradually as the afternoon faded to sunset.  Landed 12 in the first hour which is what I consider to be really good shad fishing, then it settled into what the shad run has become since it peaked in 2017 -  a fish every now and then. Ended up with 20 of 23 hookups, 2 of those broke off my hot double dart rig with 1/8 ounce on a dropper loop, 8# flouro leader  - because I had a nice roe on, but the bucks swarming her ended up hitting the remaining dart and when you have a powerful 3lb fish pulling against a 4# + fish - SNAP.   I did however, land a pair of bucks later when  both hit same exact time.  Had to work extra hard for those last two - lots of bumps but no takers but wanted to at least hit "20" 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….