IGNORED

5/14 - 5/16 Live fishing Blog

JHbowhunter

29 minutes ago, Zipper said:

This is why we do it. Nothing better than  fresh seafood! Thanks  Jack and Jake. It's always special to fish with a father and son team. Brings back some great memories. And made some new ones today!

20210515_185547.jpg

that Striper will be good - about to sear mine that has been marinating in Teriyaki since I got home at 5... BUT - the Seabass boys will no doubt be eating one of the best tasting fish in the ocean...    Great job @TroutandBucks, @Bucksnbows, @Live to Hunt, and puke boy @3Blade!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Crap day for us unfortunately. We are way out in the same area on RB. Made bait on the first throw on the way. Had 1 good runoff right off the bat but he dropped it. Then I noticed my livewell pump shit the bed. Couldn’t figure it out, so that screwed up our day and my bait was done. Tested the wiring when I got home and the pump is toast, only a year old. I was hoping to at least finish off on some blues with the fly rod. Went to my usual spots and could not find a damn fish.  Bummer, glad you guys did well! 

9 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

Crap day for us unfortunately. We are way out in the same area on RB. Made bait on the first throw on the way. Had 1 good runoff right off the bat but he dropped it. Then I noticed my livewell pump shit the bed. Couldn’t figure it out, so that screwed up our day and my bait was done. Tested the wiring when I got home and the pump is toast, only a year old. I was hoping to at least finish off on some blues with the fly rod. Went to my usual spots and could not find a damn fish.  Bummer, glad you guys did well! 

There was a very good feed before we made bait but did pick a few trolling, then we were finally able to get bait but the fish were very very finicky they were already full which is probably why the bunker exposed themselves...        Watching boils everywhere and they would NOT touch a jig or topwater but would hit the shad spreader bar and a stretch 25...     We did have that magic 90 minutes where they were blowing up on our bait non-stop.  Probably would have landed more with J-hooks but thats the way it is.   Ironically - one of the "overs" we had to let go had the 10/0 circle beyond the gills - just cut her off and let her swim away. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

15 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Ok here it is before gone. Teriyaki marinated Striper then pan seared in butter. Oven roasted Yukon gold potato’s. Nice salad prior. A few bites left and very very good. 

image.jpg

Been many years since I kept a striper . 
but IMO marinated in Lawrys Hawaiin for a half hour then grilled is one of the best ways to make it . 
Was never a crumb left . 
super tasty dish 

DFE6FD56-297D-45C8-B047-A853B3364FAE.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, LPJR said:

team america vomit GIFI just got off the phone with @3Blade..Could not understand what he was saying. He is heaving still. 

What did you boys do to him today?? 

He is wrecked!!:vomit:

it make no sense.  He swam the Rio Grande but could not handle 0 foot seas on the best weather day the Atlantic has ever seen?

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Been many years since I kept a striper . 
but IMO marinated in Lawrys Hawaiin for a half hour then grilled is one of the best ways to make it . 
Was never a crumb left . 
super tasty dish 

DFE6FD56-297D-45C8-B047-A853B3364FAE.jpeg

used that on Pork and Chicken many times and it's very good.  Never considered for fish.   Will pick up a new bottle.  The Teriyaki  was excellent though, so good on Tuna but worked on the bass too. 

I shot a big 10pt once….