IGNORED

Windy & Cold 🥶.... but good hunts

Buck154

This morning I went out in that crazy a$$ wind and cold. Saw 10 deer but no antlers on any. Even though it was really cold I watched those deer browes within 30 yards of the bait but never came in. Good morning seeing that many. 

Afternoon hunt I head back to the same tree. Didn't see a deer till 4pm when I watched 9 deer all antlerless feed from the same direction as the ones in the morning  but this time the came in for after corn snack. They hung around for 40 minutes before heading out opposite way they came in. Little bit after 5pm I see movement to my left and instantly saw it was a buck. Soon as I got the binoculars on him I knew it was The one I have been after. Beautiful buck but after looking at him I just couldn't see shooting him. I knew he needs another year. Very tough past after sitting in the wind and cold but its for the better. Only has small brows and needs more mass.

Took a couple pictures and videos of him.

20210129_173103.jpg

20210129_173057.jpg

20210129_163916.jpg

Edited by Buck154

You must have some well insulated gear!  Sounds like a nice day in the woods though. Be careful with those winds. 

my brother, father, and I were supposed to get out there this morning but called it off due to the wind up here. About a month ago I was in a tree in these kinda winds and I scared myself a bit when two trees came down entirely too close for comfort. The first one I thought was a coincidence. The second one talked me into climbing down and leaving.