IGNORED

Sad Day...My White Whale has died.

Cousin Brown

Well....my Unicorn Buck/ White Whale/Piebald that I been hunting for the last 4 years has finally died. To bad it wasn't on his terms. He fell off a cliff about 30' and broke both of his front legs. Called the Game Warden & they came to dispatch him. I had 2 close encounters with him in all the years chasing him and he always had the last laugh. He started to decline a bit in his antlers this year. It's such a shame to see such a smart magnificent animal go out this way. The warden let me keep the meat, hide & head....he has to take the antlers. Glad he won't go to waste as he is now at the butchers getting processed, the hide is being tanned, cleaning the skull to preserve and pulling a tooth to get his age. Such great memories with this deer....he was a true warrior.IMG_5962.thumb.jpg.7ba36d6290bd548f246fb7bd22fa9414.jpg

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

What a shame. I had that a few years back during muzzy. I was walking around and pushed a group of does, when I got to the base of a ledge there was a doe at the bottom dragging her a$$ trying to get away from me. She must of fell and broke her back. I finished her off and to the freezer she went.

4 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Kudos to you for not wasting the meat. They should give u a salvage tag for the antlers just for doing the right thing. 

If it was a doe they wouldnt care. But because its a buck they take the antlers. I learned the hard way by reporting a buck I legally shot and the warden took my rack. I did the right thing and he got my antlers. 

So if you want the rack and you think by doing the right thing you will get to keep them wrong. Lesson learned. 

Sucks he went out that way. 

www.liftxrentals.com

Could you burn your tag on the deer and keep the whole buck? Don’t know how that works. But they never let you keep the antlers. No such thing as a salvage tag in jersey! I know of a game warden and he supposedly has his own trophy room of road kills, and forfeited racks. Funny how they get to keep them 

14 hours ago, the truth said:

Could you burn your tag on the deer and keep the whole buck? Don’t know how that works. But they never let you keep the antlers. No such thing as a salvage tag in jersey! I know of a game warden and he supposedly has his own trophy room of road kills, and forfeited racks. Funny how they get to keep them 

Yes, if he had decided to shoot it to finish it off and has his buck tag.