IGNORED

Should NMP be removed from the frontpage of Recent Topics?

NMP Poll  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should NMP be removed from the frontpage of Recent Topics?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care Either Way

I have been away from the site for a few days, if this stuff bothers people too much, maybe that's an option for them. 

You can delete the section if you want, it's your site won't bother me either way, however, the site might resemble what it normally does in the "off season", slow traffic. 

I see it like turning on the TV. Some people don't want to watch news, so they don't turn that channel on. Others want to see only news that conforms to what they want to believe, that's Fox for Trump fans, most everything else for Trump haters. People who confine themselves to only one viewpoint often are ignorant of all the facts, and some of them prefer it that way.

I imagine for those who hate Trump, but like political news, opening these threads is like turning on Fox News because most people here are of that mindset, and they will see facts and viewpoints they don't want to hear. People who don't ant to see news at all, probably don't want to hear any viewpoints, so maybe all of it bothers them.

But no one is being forced to open any of those threads. It's just like CNN people skipping the Fox News Channel, or the Trump people skipping MSNBC, or CNN, or people skipping the news altogether and going right to the Food Network. We all have that choice.

I'm not really into turkey hunting so when that season is in, and those threads dominate the front page, I either go to a specific forum I want to view, or spend less time on the site. I would guess if the NMP threads are causing people to spend less time here, the site owner would be able to tell and if that is bad for the site, then he should move it. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Unfortunately hunting, fishing for that matter all sports in general have become intertwined and are now inseparable from politics. Removing a particular thread or subject from this site cannot change what is occurring locally and nationwide.

Granted the arguments usually boil down too banter between a few (misguided!) site liberals and everyone else they are informative and at times popcorn worthy.  

The site has been a wealth of information not only on hunting, fishing etc. subjects but has also been most informative on other issues affecting outdoorsman. I would hate to see such a fine site devolve along with the rest of the cancel culture.       

So we have the option to post in it or not. We have the option to skip the topic.

Are you saying some people dont have self control to not get involved in the topic?

I voted not to remove it.

If individuals are getting out of hand then deal with them directly.

Healthy debate is good. Politics needs to be discussed or you end up with ....

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

This is why we need to stop political posts. "Liberal Snowflakes". "Snowflakes". This is PARTISAN hate speech. It is not civil discourse. Political threads would be fine if they didn't devolve into name calling and personal attacks. Some people don't get it or maybe they just enjoy it. 

Put aside the argument on snowflake being a hate speech. Ayone ever called you a snowflake while you were not participating in a political thread? I bet no and if it happen it was an isolated incident. Why then are you calling  to "stop political posts" instead of staying clear of them? Isn't this much easier and less intrusive then asking everyone to conform to your personal preferences  or else shutting everything down?

7 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Put aside the argument on snowflake being a hate speech. Ayone ever called you a snowflake while you were not participating in a political thread? I bet no and if it happen it was an isolated incident. Why then are you calling  to "stop political posts" instead of staying clear of them? Isn't this much easier and less intrusive then asking everyone to conform to your personal preferences  or else shutting everything down?

I'm not here to debate this ad nauseam. Let the poll speak for itself. I'll accept whatever the results are. You go find political threads wherever they are. I don't like being inundated with them. End of story. 

Edited by archer36

Oh one more thought...maybe you should just ask Rusty. He might be tired of starting baiting, APR and crossbow threads to get people arguing for traffic. This stuff might make his job easier. :)

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

1 hour ago, Batsto said:

Remove it now! If Biden wins this site will eventually be cancelled just like Paw Patrol. By censoring now, we can fall in line with the deviant dem “Cancel Culture”. 

Where have you been?  Everything is already censored including this site,so the let the polls decide:up:

Edited by bucky

47 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I'm not here to debate this ad nauseam. Let the poll speak for itself. I'll accept whatever the results are. You go find political threads wherever they are. I don't like being inundated with them. End of story. 

I have a strange feeling that if the large majority had the same mind set on politics as you do that you would like the category instead of wanting to hide it.