IGNORED

Should NMP be removed from the frontpage of Recent Topics?

NMP Poll  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should NMP be removed from the frontpage of Recent Topics?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care Either Way

15 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

I have a strange feeling that if the large majority had the same mind set on politics as you do that you would like the category instead of wanting to hide it.  

Once and for all, I disagree with the political threads on here because they devolve into name calling and personal attacks. If they were civil discussions, I would not be opposing them, no matter who was in the majority. Besides, you are judging the "majority" by a very small sampling of members so your premise is faulty. You can assume that the majority on here are Republicans because after all it's a "hunting" site. But the fact that there is so much silence, you can't be certain. 90% of posts are created by 5% of members. That all by itself shows lack of desire to participate. So far the majority of respondents are in favor of reform so does that mean they have my "political mindset"? You are contradicting yourself.  I don't understand your point.  

Edited by archer36

2 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Once and for all, I disagree with the political threads on here because they devolve into name calling and personal attacks. If they were civil discussions, I would not be opposing them, no matter who was in the majority. Besides, you are judging the "majority" by a very small sampling of members so your premise is faulty. You can assume that the majority on here are Republicans because after all it's a "hunting" site. But the fact that there is so much silence, you can't be certain. 90% of posts are created by 5% of members. That all by itself shows lack of desire to participate. So far the amount of respondents are two to one in favor of reform so does that mean they have my "political mindset"? You are contradicting yourself.  I don't understand your point.  

There are 49 members online right now and 220 guests.  This poll is in its second day and only has 60 votes.  

What does that tell you?

If the NMP section could only be used for news, media or politics related to hunting or fishing or other outdoor activities then that would be ideal.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

11 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

If the NMP section could only be used for news, media or politics related to hunting or fishing or other outdoor activities then that would be ideal.

Do you mean stuff like this...

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/news/georgia-legislation-bans-common-hunting-clay-bird-shooting-guns/

There are a whole lot of bills to ban things that would fit your idea.  When one passes watch out!  It will surely come to NJ!

Votes for stuff like that are like polls! Majority rules! (Mob rule) 

Here are more...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ban+hunting+bills&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:y&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwik4NSjuYHqAhVcSTABHaMsCqkQpwV6BAgNEB4&biw=1270&bih=786

It's why news and politics are important on a hunting forum.

Edited by nickmarch

8 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Do you mean stuff like this...

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/news/georgia-legislation-bans-common-hunting-clay-bird-shooting-guns/

There are a whole lot of bills to ban things that would fit your idea.  When one passes watch out!  It will surely come to NJ!

Votes for stuff like that are like polls! Majority rules! (Mob rules) 

Exactly ! And maybe to post to point out a candidates support or opposition to aspects of our sport(s). Thats the kind of politics for an outdoor forum..... the other type belongs in a pure political venue on another site.

Members of the forum would agree to only post if it basically meets what I mentioned above. The only problem as I see it would then be how to control what gets posted.

Edited by RPK0620

4 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

Exactly ! And maybe to post to point out a candidates support or opposition to aspects of our sport(s). Thats the kind of politics for an outdoor forum..... the other type belongs in a pure political venue on another site.

Members of the forum would agree to only post if it basically meets what I mentioned above. The only problem as I see it would then be how to control what gets posted.

The type of bills proposed by politicians, their previous votes and positions on non hunting related issues is telling on how they will vote on hunting issues.  Don't you think it's important that we know about non hunting related issues?

1 minute ago, nickmarch said:

The type of bills proposed by politicians, their previous votes and positions on non hunting related issues is telling on how they will vote on hunting issues.  Don't you think it's important that we know about non hunting related issues?

Sure, but not on a site like this. I / we can get those views elsewhere.

1 minute ago, RPK0620 said:

Sure, but not on a site like this. I / we can get those views elsewhere.

There are always more guests than members online here.  Many just read .  Many members read and barely post.  They have to see things that they wont see if its hidden.

I would bet that few to none know about this bill in NJ...

"Current New Jersey law allows organizing and participating in wildlife contests, such as hunt tests, field trials and even big buck contests. Unfortunately, the language in Assembly Bill 1365 would make it a crime for any person to organize, sponsor, promote, conduct, or participate in any competitive event that awards prizes for harvesting game. Even more alarming, this legislation would outlaw something as simple as a dinner wager among friends on who shoots the biggest buck or even a prize as small as a ribbon for whoever’s dog jumps the most rabbits."

No more contests here If it passes!

This is your web site. And it also belongs to those whom support it financially.

Do what you think is right.

I believe in My God, The Police, and America.

As a younger man, I have proudly served my county, both as a US Marine, and then a Police officer.

I have a first amendment right to express my opinion, and defend my beliefs from those whom have a different thought process.

Let the market decide on how to proceed.

We are adults here. If you do not like to read someones political opinion. Skip over it and move on.

Or reflect and post your personal opinion. No one is getting physically harmed by participating one way or the other.

This site on occasion allows some of us to blow off steam.

Personally I enjoy reading and laughing at most of the posts from those sharing their options.

I try to post meme's to make you laugh also.

Lighten up, enjoy life. No one gets out of it alive anyway.

97995529_2527971014199577_7144969579146510336_n.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

7 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

^ Thank you for your service!

Thank you Sir. That was a very long time ago.

When in our youth we were young, dumb, and full of.... well you know:up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

So this poll is pretty close.

Worth reiterating, ALL members can customize their Recent Topics stream (i.e. the frontpage) to include only what they are interested in.  So the challenge here is what makes the most sense as a default:

1) Show everything a member has access to and allow members to customize what they don't want to see.  This has the benefit of not needing to know what is hidden versus what isn't, and guests can also see everything they have access to .

2) Limit what is seen by default and then members have to figure out how to add things they want to see and guests have to go search out forums to find other topics.  This has the benefit of tuning Recent Topics to only show direct site related content/posts versus anything else.  Where do we draw that line?   No NMP?  No Lounge?  Some of the topics posted in those forums are site relevant.  So now do you create a Hunting/Fishing NMP and Hunting/Fishing Lounge separately and hope people post in the right places (they already don't, I move several topics every day to put them under the proper forums).

31 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

So this poll is pretty close.

Worth reiterating, ALL members can customize their Recent Topics stream (i.e. the frontpage) to include only what they are interested in.  So the challenge here is what makes the most sense as a default:

1) Show everything a member has access to and allow members to customize what they don't want to see.  This has the benefit of not needing to know what is hidden versus what isn't, and guests can also see everything they have access to .

2) Limit what is seen by default and then members have to figure out how to add things they want to see and guests have to go search out forums to find other topics.  This has the benefit of tuning Recent Topics to only show direct site related content/posts versus anything else.  Where do we draw that line?   No NMP?  No Lounge?  Some of the topics posted in those forums are site relevant.  So now do you create a Hunting/Fishing NMP and Hunting/Fishing Lounge separately and hope people post in the right places (they already don't, I move several topics every day to put them under the proper forums).

Look Hillary a close loss is still a loss. The people have spoken and the outcome of the vote should be honored. Or we may protest. :rofl: