IGNORED

need prayers for the wife

mazzgolf

I've been trying to carry on normally and wasn't going to post this, but it has been hard the last couple of weeks. I've met a lot of friends on here (virtually, and also in person), so I just wanted to ask my friends for a little prayer help.

On top of the whole virus thing going on, The Wife had a biopsy a week ago and the results came in a few days ago - breast cancer. We have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow, assuming that doesn't get canceled and she or the doctor doesn't get sick.

Imagine going through this lock down and having to worry about getting corona while also going through cancer surgery/treatments. That's what we are going to have to go through in the coming weeks/months ahead.

We've never had to deal with anything like this before - was going to be hard under normal circumstances. I have no idea what is coming now that we have to also worry about her getting this virus while getting treated for cancer. They say corona is usually not bad unless you have a weakened immune system, and then it can become deadly with no cure available yet - and what would weaken your immune system more than chemo/radiation? I'm afraid she might even have to postpone treatment to avoid having to worry about that (with the risk then of the cancer spreading). We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.

God is good, but he never promised any of us this life would be easy.

And if anyone has any advice for someone going through the whole cancer thing, feel free to share. I don't know anything about cancer other than how to spell it.

4 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I've been trying to carry on normally and wasn't going to post this, but it has been hard the last couple of weeks. I've met a lot of friends on here (virtually, and also in person), so I just wanted to ask my friends for a little prayer help.

On top of the whole virus thing going on, The Wife had a biopsy a week ago and the results came in a few days ago - breast cancer. We have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow, assuming that doesn't get canceled and she or the doctor doesn't get sick.

Imagine going through this lock down and having to worry about getting corona while also going through cancer surgery/treatments. That's what we are going to have to go through in the coming weeks/months ahead.

We've never had to deal with anything like this before - was going to be hard under normal circumstances. I have no idea what is coming now that we have to also worry about her getting this virus while getting treated for cancer. They say corona is usually not bad unless you have a weakened immune system, and then it can become deadly with no cure available yet - and what would weaken your immune system more than chemo/radiation? I'm afraid she might even have to postpone treatment to avoid having to worry about that (with the risk then of the cancer spreading). We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.

And if anyone has any advice for someone going through the whole cancer thing, feel free to share. I don't know anything about cancer other than how to spell it.

Prayers sent, may God Bless your wife and give you strength for both of you....if you need anything in this time of need please ask...

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

My prayers for your family.🙏🙏🙏

Check out the pod cast and facebook pages of making the breast of it pod. Also see their webisite - https://www.makingthebreastofitpod.com/

I know a couple guys who worked on their website :) and these two women are wonderful . They offer words of inspiration.

My mother years ago had a lumpectomy and ended up fine. The losing of the hair was the hardest to over come. For us, losing her meh, but for women, they have a hard time with all of the physical changes. 

I wish your wife the best and be strong.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Prayers are here for your wife and you and hopefully it is in the early stages and can be successfully treated. My sister in law recently had a double mastectomy after being cancer free for over 8 years and is doing very well  which I attribute to her very positive attitude and her faith.  I can somewhat understand your apprehension as I have been having issues here in our home with my wife for about 2 years now. Its not always easy and it may get a bit tougher at times, however, don't, don't, focus on the negatives but try to keep the positives in the forefront.  And even when you may be down, don't show it to your wife, keep encouraging her and try hard to keep it upbeat and positive.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

I'm in the same boat right now my ol lady was dieignused with the same thing a year ago. I also lost my first two wives to cancer. Now that being said they have come a long way with breast cancer I don't know what stage your wife is in mine is in stage four and now let me say this she very well out live you. My mother just passed a year ago to the day and she had stage four breast cancer for 15years and that's not what killed her so have faith there's a lot of new treatments and they work. If you ever need to talk or any questions or just anything just pm me and we can talk. I've been through so much of this crap it just sucks but I've learned a lot. Hang in there and god bless 

Edited by smittty

Buckle up and hang on. Get multiple opinions from multiple places and then go with who makes you the most comfortable. The reality is we all hear the word cancer, but until it hits directly you don’t realize how devastating it is. You will realize just how many people are going through the same thing and it will blow your mind. Unfortunately I lost my mother to the disease in January. She was only 59. If you have a close relative available to help I would suggest having them go with you to the doctors. The information overload makes it easy to hear what you want instead of what was said and having a third person there will help get the information straight. Have a notebook. Write everything down. Meds, appointments, symptoms. Do it daily. Should you have to make a late night phone call to the doctor this information is readily available and accurate. And most importantly FUCK CANCER