IGNORED

Did something ethical today.

Screaminta

Put your mind at ease,screamin,you done good.It's a doggie dog world out there, survival of the fittest,nature can be cruel.One day my son asked me,I think he was 8,dad why do you hunt?Caught me totally off guard..?I looked him straight in the eye and said I'm just part of the food chain.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Screaminta said:

Was out in the cold this morning. After 4 hrs of nothing I decided to go check out a camera I have in another spot. Upon entering the field I see a doe (or so I thought) laying down right smack in the middle of the field. I took the binoculars out and saw her head up and alert. As I drive closer to her I notice her try to get up and realize both back legs cannot support her weight. I chose to get as close as I could without making her struggle and as she lifted herself up I put an arrow through her lungs. Turns out she was actually a button buck. I figured it was better than letting him suffer and having the coyotes eat him alive. His hind quarters are both pretty tore up but I will salvage what I can. I called it in and went back to normal hunting but again saw nothing! 
It actually was pretty heartbreaking watching him struggle, or maybe I’m just getting soft.... 

You're the man, really ethical and true steward of land and game...