IGNORED

vaping

Kype

nj 1015 was talking about vaping in the 3 o clock hour. was listening on the way home from hell(i mean work). 

im  not sure on the subject. i am a smoker, and have been wanting to quit, but im not sure if vaping is just another habit. for example, quit smoking but then keep vaping for ever. i also enjoy having a weekend cigar if the weather is nice. 

has anyone ever quit cigarettes through vaping? or is the traditional way, the way to go. such as the gum, patch, chantix, etc...

everything i have heard is saying vaping is healthier then smoking, but at this point who knows. one day the news says coffee will reduce heart disease, and the next day coffee will give you every cancer known to mankind. 

I was a smoker for way too many years and quit using Chantix which was easy but I slipped up and started again. I then tried it again and almost lost my mind worst experience ever , be careful with that drug. I finally went to Vaping and haven’t looked back . I’m sure it isn’t good for me but it is definitely better than smoking . I really don’t get out of breath the way I was when smoking. I am starting to drop the nicotine levels and still no problems. 

Never smoked but hear vaping is better and like OMC said you can drop the nicotine levels. I know my uncle stopped smoking by vaping and now is vaping nicotine free. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I quit over 10 years now cold turkey. I tried everthing at least twice. Put them down and walk away. 

I cant see how sucking moisture into your lungs can be any good for you. These vapes havent been around long enough not to mention the huge plume of smoke or whatever you want to call it exhaling looks ridiculous especially in a car. It looks like the friiggin car is on fire. 

Put them down and dont look back. 

Just stay away from aholes for a couple weeks so you dont strangle them lol

www.liftxrentals.com

9 hours ago, gobblergetter said:

Cold turkey too

Suffered though the need for a week or two and was done.

Prolonging the pain wasn't for me.

Agreed.. Took me many attempts to quit when I was looking for "stop smoking aids," i.e. gum, patches, etc..  Bottom line is they all failed.  The only thing that worked was old fashioned pain and withdrawal for a week by going cold turkey.  

Vaping is 99.9% safer than smoking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-46697036/smoking-v-vaping-watch-lab-test-results

The US Government won't tell you vaping is safer.  If people smoke less, there is less tobacco tax revenue.  The UK government has been doing a lot of studies on it, and the results are promising.

Yes, it's still bad for you.  But if you want to quit, you can reduce your dependence on cigarettes this way first.  Then you'll need to stop using nicotine.  But it is a safer transition to quitting completely, which is the best thing to do.

I hope you quit.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

There was just a report in the last week that said vaping is causing heart issues. I think it was one of those health reports on the evening news in the last week that I saw it. My entire family smoked except for me. My dad quit cold turkey like a few others here. So you may want to give that a try. Good luck, it is a fight worth fighting to kick that habit that is slowly killing you.

I used vaping to quite smokes. I'll try and put it all together  for ya with out making it an 5 page essay. A buddy got a crew of like 5 of us to try it, far as i know we are all still not smoking, couple still vaping. I've been smoke free 5 years I think now. I was a 1-1.5 pack a day newports, and over night fishing trips required me taking a carton along. 10 months later I was smoke/vape/nicotine free.

What I did was I started to vape to try it, not to quit smoking. I alternated between the vape and a smoke. After two days I did not want a smoke as the taste was horrible after trying the vape. A cigarette was like licking an ashtry.  Ejuice can be in just about any flavor. Go into a local vape shop and there will be hundreds of samples for you to try. I've been hours in a shop sampling. BUT keep in mind samples taste different from what you buy because the samples are nic free. So ejuice with nic will be slightly off, but not a whole lot.

First thing is its not for everyone. Some people have a reaction to ejuice. My brother in law coughs horribly from it with a throat irritation. After not vaping for a couple months, I get a soar on my gums if I try to vape now, but did not when I started vaping while smoking. Just be aware of that and don't drop 200 bucks into it with out trying cheaply first.

The kids you see hanging out on the corner blowing smoke like a freight train are "cloud chasing" and it does not have to be like that, but you'll probably  get there as most do.

There are vaping set ups and there are ecigarettes. Avoid the ecigarettes. Vaping is cheaper/easier and the directions to go with it are unlimited.

OK, vaping,,, start out with something that is a cheap set up knowing you will upgrade very quickly if you take to it. You should be able to walk away as a starter for 20-30 bucks.  Thats what my  buddy told me,,, do you have 30 bucks to change your life?

Stop into a local vape shop and just talk to the crews there. All shop I have been into everyone is extremely friendly and helpful AND they actually want you to quit analog cigarettes too.

For vaping you have a tank that your ejuice goes into. In that tank you have coils that bo bad over time and have to be replaced. The tank goes onto a battery device to fire the coil which makes it glow red hot and vaporizes the ejuice that you inhale.

I really like the aspire brand of tanks and coils. But it all comes down to preference of one over the other. They are priced nice and the coils are cheap. Get set up locally and then shop online for best deals.

Local shop will help determine your proper nicotine level to start at vs how much you smoke.  Nicotine levels are totally adjustable. 10 mg nic level ejuice mixed 1/1 with 0 mg ejice will give you 5 mg and so forth. The math can get heavy but yo can pretty much make any mg strength you want buy mixing with lower strengths. 

I started vaping at like 18mg nic. I did that for a month then dropped to 15mg, then after some time 12 mg then 9, 6, 3, 1.5, .75, .50 then 0. Took me 10 months to drop to zero. When I dropped a nic level I vaped like crazy at first for the nicotine, but your body will adjust after a couple days and smooth back out, then another week or two later I would drop again.

Two weeks after I hit zero mg nic, I lost interest in vaping all together. Not once have I fiend for a smoke, not once have I had an urge to smoke, NOT ONCE have I ever wanted to smoke again.

Try it out,,,,, Do you have 30 bucks to change your life?

Edited by Greg

29 minutes ago, Kayak Ken said:

Vaping is worst then smoking. If some asshole does that indoors next to me my throat starts to swell up and I have a hard time breathing. People are getting popcorn lugs after doing it for a few months. Might as well huff spray paint if you want to put a bunch of chemicals down your lungs.

Some people do have a reaction to ejuice. Vaping is supposed to be regulated the same as smoking analogs which would be not smoking indoors or near entrances.

Ejuice is 4 ingredtients, water, food flavoring, propylene glycol  and vegetable glycerin, plus a 5th ingredient which could be nicotine.

Cigarettes as stated by manufacturers may have any combination of 200 different chemical additives in them in a report made to uncle sam.

No one knows how safe or bad vaping is yet, may not know for another ten years,,but the vast majority of doctors  will say is is with out a doubt way safer than smoking  cigarettes.

My doctor within the va system gave me the green light and encouraged it over cigarettes.