IGNORED

FOUND - H&R SLUG GUN - KINGWOOD TWP.

Tater1973

19 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Come on fellas....could happen to anyone here. None of us perfect. His wife probably called and said get your ass home and he rushed out of there. Nah, that was my wife!!

Or his girlfriend called and said get your ass over here my husband is hunting this afternoon:whistling:

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

people on the site that have run over a bow or two with their trucks that they forgot they left by it or drove away with it on the tailgate and it went flying off on the highway.

Sheesh - I've left mine in the woods!!! Climbed down the tree, put the climber on my back, walked a half mile back to the truck, and the whole way never missing my bow... only when I got back to the truck did I realize ---- oh crap!!!

26 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Come on fellas....could happen to anyone here. None of us perfect. His wife probably called and said get your ass home and he rushed out of there. Nah, that was my wife!!

You mean you answer the phone if she calls you when hunting  :shakehead: :ballchain: 

Not!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Sheesh - I've left mine in the woods!!! Climbed down the tree, put the climber on my back, walked a half mile back to the truck, and the whole way never missing my bow... only when I got back to the truck did I realize ---- oh crap!!!

It happens.  How about leaving the bow hanger up in a tree after you've taken all your gear down?  Or your packpack! :vomit::rofl: 

I put a cup of coffee on roof of my car this morning in my garage while I put something in back seat. Drove out my driveway made left and at first stop sign it went flying off roof and landed in front of me. Funny thing is when I put that coffee there I even thought about forgetting it and said to self “ no way I could be that stupid”.  Well - apparently I can. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I left my kayak in the middle of Rt 23 one morning driving up to meet Rusty in the Delaware river.  Had I not looked up into my rearview mirror, I would have be out one kayak.  The rope I used to secure it became loose and the kayak slid out when I accelerated.  Lucky for me it was early in the AM so I could back up and drag it off the highway.

It happens to the best of us even when we think our gear is secure.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

What assumption..  leaving a gun unattended has no excuse.   Securing our fire arms should be top priority when finished with it..

How do you know it wasn't a Ford with a faulty tailgate lock that opened and it fell out after being properly secured ? You don't, because you don't know the details or facts. You just Kavanaughed this person

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

58 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

How do you know it wasn't a Ford with a faulty tailgate lock that opened and it fell out after being properly secured ? You don't, because you don't know the details or facts. You just Kavanaughed this person

Sorry but I stand by my thoughts and feelings around fire arms.   There are no such things as accidents in unintentional yes..  as a gun owner its is our responsibility to ensure the gun in s secured faulty lock or not...   as for the Kavanaugh comment..  there was no proof of wrong doing..  in this case there is absolutely proof he didn't secure the gun properly it was in the middle of  the road

Edited by vdep217