IGNORED

10/30 CHECK IN

Greybeard

Decided it was time for a change in zone.  Out in zone 2 - since this is still my spot bro....  lots of doe on cam and some 1 &2 year old bucks, never had the standing corn this late either. Ridiculous amount of turkeys and big ones.  So - I also got my first ever turkey permit. Have no idea how I am gonna draw on one - with the standing corn it will be a ten yard shot. But ya never know. My hope is that they walk to me through the standing corn and the first one out is a big Tom. Hammer gave me this shot chart so I am studying it.  Here is a pic of my view. Used to being able to glass for hundreds of yards here - but maybe the long hedgerow will funnel the deer right to me just gotta be ready for Tom or Buck. 

D70E3C20-99F7-45D0-BBB3-CCAFCAEC0838.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

10 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Decided it was time for a change in zone.  Out in zone 2 - since this is still my spot bro....  lots of doe on cam and some 1 &2 year old bucks, never had the standing corn this late either. Ridiculous amount of turkeys and big ones.  So - I also got my first ever turkey permit. Have no idea how I am gonna draw on one - with the standing corn it will be a ten yard shot. But ya never know. My hope is that they walk to me through the standing corn and the first one out is a big Tom. Hammer gave me this shot chart so I am studying it.  Here is a pic of my view. Used to being able to glass for hundreds of yards here - but maybe the long hedgerow will funnel the deer right to me just gotta be ready for Tom or Buck. 

I am in the same boat as you in every way lol. I changed it up and came to z5 for the afternoons, and bought my first ever fall turkey permit, since this property is loaded with em. Saw a bunch of does this morning in z2 but no rut action at all. Good luck to everyone out