IGNORED

Best NJ county for solid bucks?

jerseybowhunter

You won't easily find a big buck up north because, yes, if you don't shoot it when you see it, somebody else surely will.  That's not an excuse, it's a fact.  I hunt for the big bucks that got big by being smart, and that have avoided all hunters to get big, but, I'm not letting anything go to grow when I had a good hunt and I feel like killing something.  Letting big bucks go to grow takes away from the challenge and pride of getting a big, old, elusive, smart buck.  I do it for the challenge of the hunt and the meat, not for the rack.  Call me an a-hole if you wish, but just think about it, if I filled my tag with a small buck, the big buck I didn't get to shoot could be bigger next year, plus he gets to breed.  That is, if somebody else doesn't shoot it first.

I've never tasted the "inches" on any deer, however all the belly loins that I have eaten with scrambled eggs on every deer I ever tagged has been delish

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

For all the NJ Trophy Hunters this is for you.  Even one issue has the Hotspots for trophies inside the issue. You can Follow all the Success Past and Present on New Jersey's Big Bucks  Facebook page.  If its NJ deer, it is on It.   One interesting thing I found in these issues is the Counties and Methods of the Hunts. No Corn Pile Deer. The Downside some would say all these are out of the Gene Pool.  Also if you were blessed to have taken a Trophy you are invited to post it on that page, NJ is not lacking in Trophy Sized Deer just Opportunities.   

37698535_2148875768735340_5116277128756723712_n.jpg

37739776_2148875735402010_5902154241530658816_n.jpg

37757646_2148875818735335_2132058483409813504_n.jpg

37763530_2148875625402021_748119866296238080_n.jpg

Edited by Live to Hunt

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

• 1 year later...

Bigger woods of morris and passaic counties produce big bucks every year.  I think the potential is everywhere but age is the biggest factor.  I hunt mainly public land and see almost no pressure on the areas i hunt.  I hunt some of the lowest populations of deer in NJ but im after a mature buck and dont care if i see any other deer.  Some always think that bergen county has big bucks because of no pressure.  EVERY town in bergen county gets hunted but these hunters (most hunting illegally) dont shoot small bucks.  Nobody really knows the true potential of a buck until it reaches about 5.5 y/o.  Age is the key factor in NJ that will produce a truly big buck.

20 minutes ago, Michele Haskins said:

Where is the best place in New Jersey to bow hunt I am a woman looking for a good place to I am not a trophy hunter just looking for the size of horns just meat for my freezer.        Thank you

Welcome Michele. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

15 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Bigger woods of morris and passaic counties produce big bucks every year.  I think the potential is everywhere but age is the biggest factor.  I hunt mainly public land and see almost no pressure on the areas i hunt.  I hunt some of the lowest populations of deer in NJ but im after a mature buck and dont care if i see any other deer.  Some always think that bergen county has big bucks because of no pressure.  EVERY town in bergen county gets hunted but these hunters (most hunting illegally) dont shoot small bucks.  Nobody really knows the true potential of a buck until it reaches about 5.5 y/o.  Age is the key factor in NJ that will produce a truly big buck.

Thank you for your information 

9 minutes ago, Michele Haskins said:

I am mainly looking for the bow only Zones I am looking for mainly doe 

Whole state is bow.  More land is accessible to bow hunters.

How has Vermont hunting been this year?  Get anything good?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.