IGNORED

Best NJ county for solid bucks?

jerseybowhunter

5 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

I'm not as old as you, but close enough to disagree. The mentality of I have to kill it or someone else will, makes them an Asshole! Same guy that catches a few precious wild browns and uses that same mentality to justify putting them on the table instead of back in the stream. I have no problem with someone taking any deer they choose in a legal manner that they choose, it's the " I better Kill it before someone else",  that bothers me.

That guy long been off the site. Unfortunately I think his mind was failing him, sort of reminded me of Joe Biden. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

22 hours ago, DanP said:

Hello all.  I am new to this site, but an old-time hunter.  65 to be exact.  I am hoping to get back into the game (ugh, puns).  Last time I went hunting was back in 1980.  Had to stop because of back pain from arthritis.  Dragging my deer through the woods even a short distance was getting to be more than I could bear.   I still have the arthritis, but not nearly as bad from the surgery.  I also have the handicapped hunter permit and placard now that allows me to drive up closer to where I will be hunting from.  The family loves venison, and I have not been hunting for so long that my old haunts are no longer even there.  Its sad when you go back to an area you knew so long ago and find a development there now.

So I am hoping that I could get some help in locating hot hunting areas in NJ for the shotgun season this year.  I live in south Jersey, but am not opposed to driving north and spending a few days in my car or getting a cheap hotel room.  There are WMA's all over Jersey, and I have checked out 5 around where I live so far.  They are proving to be busts.  The last one I checked out was Thundergut WMA.  The access roads were closed and gated off with no trespassing signs on them from SJ Gas Co.  

I know there are several apps that can be downloaded on the cell phones, but I am at a loss as to which are worth the time and investment.  Last time I went hunting I used maps from this book, but updates to this are no longer in circulation.  Any help in locating a good buck hunting area would really be appreciated.  

IMG_0027.JPG

You have a PM

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.