IGNORED

I lost him (RIP Attila)

I am so sorry. I have been in you shoes many times and words can't describe the emotions.

And if its any consolation, he knew you were doing your best and were there for him when it mattered and was needed.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Before I could finish reading your first sentence, my dog jumped up on the couch and started licking my face.  I believe she felt my heart sink when I read your title.  She's fourteen and I know whats coming as she shows her age more and more everyday.  You did all you could do for your best friend and I know he appreciated that.  He felt your love for him everyday.  Remember the good times my brother.  I'm very sorry for your loss.

I had to put down my dog, he was 17 YO, about two years ago. It was one of the hardest things I had to do in my life. I cried walking out like I was a six year old kid. When I got up next morning I had this feeling of peace. I was there when we did it, he was comfortable and not scared because I was there with him, in fact I was holding him when he passed. This, despite the sadness of loosing a great friend, made me feel good about it because I felt it had to be done and I was there going through it with him, lessening his stress. I hope you can find the same level of comfort I did. You did the right thing for him.