IGNORED

Live from Ohio.

JHbowhunter

9 hour drive through MD and WV yesterday. My buddy put me on a stand deep down at bottom of a huge gorge last night. Passed up a lot of high ridge acorns along the way and made mental note of two scrapes. No oak trees in the bottoms here saw nothing last night. This morning took my climber to the spot on ridge line above two steep ravines that I mentally noted and proceeded to pass up a big 124-126" perfect dark heavy horn 8. That might be biggest buck I ever let walk. Still thinking about my decision! No brainer for me in jersey. He was cruising in a mission walking fast. Then I had a doe within 15-20 yards munching chestnut oak acorns for 40 minutes. A smaller busted 8 passed by just out of range after watching doe for 5 minutes. Then she kept staring way down hill and I saw a rack cruising but too thick too far to tell. I will keep this thread active multiple days. Gonna get down 11 and scout out one more location to the left of the fork where I parked quad. I drove 1.5 miles in dark this morning it's a vast hilly hardwoods.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Sounds good dont regret passing that buck.  If it was the right one you would of shot him.  Keep us posted we all like your live hunts. You made it through the night so I assume all was ok there :rofl:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Apparently the last house (trailer) on this dirt road is basically a meth lab. Everyone in camp has CCW except me. Thanks NJ! Only three of us in camp now. My buddy and his dad. The dad is a staunch liberal loves Hillary the son is a staunch conservative supporting Trump. It got pretty heated I just went to bed.

I shot a big 10pt once….

Oh I should mention "the neighbor" - 63 year old gal that probably looked good in her day comes over 9pm wearing her robe and two cans of beer in her pocket. A former 60s hippie that has been waiting all her life for a woman president. She actually was the instigator that got them talking politics. It was actually a bit uncomfortable I kept trying to change subject.

I shot a big 10pt once….

Oh I should mention "the neighbor" - 63 year old gal that probably looked good in her day comes over 9pm wearing her robe and two cans of beer in her pocket. A former 60s hippie that has been waiting all her life for a woman president. She actually was the instigator that got them talking politics. It was actually a bit uncomfortable I kept trying to change subject.

She is looking to get you drunk. Take out one of your cigars and she will want to marry you. You very well may not make it back Jack..............

Edited by LPJR

Sounds like the "rut" is in full swing over there!!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸