IGNORED

Pics of pedals, guess its true

68Ioweu1

On the other site theres been a time or two where Ive dropped my personal opinion/position on a topic or twelve and up front said no matter what our opinion/taste/hunting style is...we need to be united.

Untied we stand divided we fall. Like it or not it is true

Just like the spear hunt/under armor deal. Many may not agree about the technicalities but by and large it was legal just like this. Lets take a firm stance when someone does something that is actually proven wrong...not proven wrong by simply just "your emotions."

For ex...if pedals was poached by not having the proper tag, hunting on someone elses property w/o permission etc....then have it. JMO

Edited by outdoorslife

I find those pictures to be extremely nauseating or several reasons. First off I have ZERO respect for the person that shot this bear. This wasn't a public land look what I stumbled on harvest. A lot of us know where this bear frequented and it was somebody that most likely targeted him specifically. Congrats to the hunter the next time the circus rolls into town maybe you can be granted permission to harvest a bear under the big top. It was a piss poor decision that made hunters everywhere look bad. Second nauseating part and maybe more disturbing is the fact the idiots within fish and game released this info. It is nothing more then bringing a 55 gallon drum of gas to a warehouse fire. WTF were they thinking?  Like I said when this whole story blew up , I understand it was a management hunt by definition but at some point we as sportsmen and women need to find a moral compass. Like the people that shoot fawns or mothers with fawns during EAB. The excuse is that is what the state makes me do or wants me to do. Well the state says to do 55 on 287 but we dont. It is a sad day for the hunting comunity of NJ. The idiot that killed pedals and the bigger idiots at the state that gave the info out just gave the antis a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th.  

so if a 180" 250 lb buck with a missing leg was in the area you hunt and the locals named him bucky and posted pics on face book and the news did a story on him, come open morning of season he walked under your tree how many will say oh no thats bucky I can't shoot him and let him go?and knowing he was in the area would not hunt said area for him....

so if a 180" 250 lb buck with a missing leg was in the area you hunt and the locals named him bucky and posted pics on face book and the news did a story on him, come open morning of season he walked under your tree how many will say oh no thats bucky I can't shoot him and let him go?and knowing he was in the area would not hunt said area for him....

Apples to Oranges ...........  I think everybody should be able to see that the bears, especially Pedals, strike a chord with the liberal anti idiots more so than any deer ever would.

I did read on the NJH's web site that the NJDEP DFW concedes that "it does appear that Pedals was killed .........."

There is no such thing as pedals. Pedals are on bikes and flowers. There is such thing as a crippled bear that may or may not be dead so why are we discussing morality of the hunt.that may or may not have happened. I know a lot of big bucks that get killed in the backyards all around this state. All those bucks that come out of Monmouth county are all backyard bucks. Does it make it any different. NOPE. Now everyone please take your skirts off and move on. If you would like to talk about the screwed up legislature moving through then do it. We are all outdoorsman that stand together. Now do it. Chris

I've been wondering why the the fish and game is even getting involved with this fiasco in the first place. If the bear was harvested legally, never trapped or had DNA samples taken before,why are they putting out statements and pictures? Why are they giving out info one way or the other on the issue? will they give out info on most other bears this early in the game or will people have to wait ? Seems like fish and game should have stayed out of the issuing statements and pictures part of the hunt.

Yes, this is true, the loons would have cried about ANYTHING else to try and make their point, they're noise makers, it's what they do. They have no lot in life so they cling to the bear hunt to make their life relevant among eachother, HOWEVER, this bear was a media sweetheart with international coverage. I could care less if the idiot who shot him did so then held a brunch fundraiser  and fed the bear to the antis unknowingly BUT, he now gave them something they never had before, the support of normal people. Not pissing off the non hunting but normal population who aren't anti-hunting  is how we keep advancing our causes as hunters, pissing off non hunting normals  will never do us any good. This was a stupid move. idiotic at BEST and may potentially adversely effect everyone of us in the future. Calling him out on it isn't giving them any more ammo against us, he gave them all they need and wanted all by himself. The fact that we disagree with him, or SOME of us do only proves the opposite of what they claim, it's proof that WE are actually the logical thinkers and not just a mess of rampant uncontrolled emotions like them.  

People on this site are making this crippled animal a Media Sweetheart, i never heard of petal except for two hunting website with post after post after thread.

And you guys act like someone actually did something wrong, Everyone bitches and moans about the poor cripple but it seems no one did anything to help, if the loons loved petals so much they should have removed it from harms way. i would stop posting and forget about it, They will not cancel future bear hunts because of petals. unless they want bear crawling in and out of their arses in 3 or 4 years.

Edited by ForestGhost

Molon Lobe

if the bear was harvested legally, than it is what it is. 

i agree i am kind of shocked that there are criticisms from other hunters who maintain bait piles 4 months in advance, or hunters who brag about neighborhood deer they shot like they were hunted in the great big woods. there is nothing wrong with any of those activities, but lets call it what it is. guy targeted a big bear in his neighborhood. 

most hunters i see target big bucks in their neighborhood and think they are fred bear.

i don't bear hunt, but i support bear hunters. as long as it was hunted legally, i support it, even though i think it is kind of lame. 

It was either legal or it wasn't.  If it wasn't then Fish & Game has the right to do something.  If it was then all the idiots (including those on this site) should shut the F*** up and stop being such a whiny pussy about it.  Grow up and blame the law, the legislature or Fish & Game and stop blaming the guy who took the bear legally.  None of us on here are the morality police or hunting police (unless you actually carry a F&G badge).  Get a clue already.  You don't have to agree with the hunter's decision to take the bear but some of the comments are just plain ignorant.  Change the law/regs or don't but just remember its a slippery slope with the libs and once you give up hunting rights (whether bear, deer or chipmunk) you are unlikely to get them back.

At the end of the day it was a legal bear. Would I have shot the bear? No but still it was a wild bear. Those of you who are yelling and mad at the hunter, well you just gave ammo to the anti's. We must stick together and if you would not shot the bear, I understand just leave it alone but bashing the hunter and the Division is actually hurting us more than some crazy people yelling about a bear they named. Again, take any other game animal that is legal to hunt and if it has three legs or whatever disabilty and is taken by a hunter, you never hear a peep. So stop giving the anti's and crazy people ammo. Support each other as you would your own family and don't tell me no one in your family has not done something you don't agree with and if so do you bash them publicly? If you do your really not family. 

SS!

come on everyone let your voice be herd call or email you assemblymen and let them know you oppose acr25 & scr11. for the people who havent been emailing or calling because you dont trap you now have a reason, bill s2702 to ban bear hunting and baiting deer in bear areas. call and or email and let them know you oppose acr25, scr11 & s2702. dont put this off do it today. vote it tomorrow.