IGNORED

Your Bear Hunting Pictures Posted on Ramapough Conservancy FB Page

Ms Grit

Since they are a non-profit organization, there are some legalities for which they should not be posting anything for political persuasion, including our photos and allowing the comments that have been made. When brought to their attention, they offered to remove the pictures and told me to let me "friends" know that if they wanted their photos removed as well, all that had to be done was to send them a FB message.

Actually, they can take any stance they want on political views, they just cannot endorse or ask you not to vote for candidates is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know several people that shot bears and refused to post photos online. I don't blame them.

Smart people.  I never post anything about my kills, anywhere, this goes for small and large game.  One reason is why Ms. Grit started this thread, the other is personal morals. 

Not for nothing that is exactly why I don't post pictures on the internet anymore or do any of that social media crap. You never know where they will show up and the context they will be used in. And they call us crazy lol.

Edited by fish_hunter

who cares they wanted to protest and use social media to witness something they oppose good for them I hope they suffer from nightmares and pstd...life isn't fair sometimes I don't like seeing images of the war in Syria or seeing dead Americans in Iraq so I don't look at propaganda promoting images on it....screw them if they come to your job or house press charges and file a restraining order make their lives miserable thru the legal system period.I'm still in shock the state would grant them a permit to even protest against private citizens it's actually harassment what they do you cannot harass people

Edited by smoking gun

The lady who runs the site is a lawyer, and should know the legalities of posting someone's pictures. I wonder if she can be punished by the state?

Anything posted on the Internet in a publicly-viewable site, is considered in the public domain.  She can use it if it's not used for raising money or until the copyright owner asks for her to take it down.  Yes, she does know the law, and unfortunately, that's it.

We would have to block all posts to everyone except registered members to prevent it.  And in the site TOS, we would have to stipulate that images on the site cannot be reproduced or posted elsewhere.  And even that doesn't mean much in a court.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.