IGNORED

Who Remembers This Place

BHC

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Got my first(new to me, not a handmedown) fishing pole and reel at two Guys on 46 in Totowa when I was 13, before it burned down. Mitchel 300 and Garcia pole.

I had a Two Guys sleeping bag for years after they closed(Middletown) My buddies used to give me a hard time about it.:rofl:

33 minutes ago, kohunter said:

I had a Two Guys sleeping bag for years after they closed(Middletown) My buddies used to give me a hard time about it.:rofl:

Back in the 50's and 60's, big department(general) stores were the place to go to get anything and everything.  Paterson used to be the place to go shop a century ago.  No, I'm not that old, my parents talked about it.   

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Back in the 50's and 60's, big department(general) stores were the place to go to get anything and everything.  Paterson used to be the place to go shop a century ago.  No, I'm not that old, my parents talked about it.   

Sears sold guns back in the good old days , my brother had a Sears / Ted Williams model 300 semi auto 12 ga. and I got my first daisy BB gun from there . We couldn't wait for the new Sears catalog to arrive every year so we could look at all the hunting stuff and pick out our Christmas presents

Edited by bucky

Guy's sport shop rt 35 wall twp.

Wallachs rt 37 Toms River

J.C. Penney hooper ave Toms River

Best products Toms River

Jackson Sporting Goods, Jackson, (Neil and Stan)

3 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

My father bought my Browning Light 12 ( actually Grandpa funded it) at Gene’s Gun Room in Irvington in 1968, anyone remember that place?

I hear you could buy guns on most street corners now in Irvington and no FID card required 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Bought hunting clothing and fishing gear there along with a Remington slug gun with scope which was a game changer.  Loved it there, always someone around to ask a question if needed.  

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

True that! We used to buy all our ammo from Two Guys and Woolworths. The old Kmart was good too.

28 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Was there all the time as a kid. Grew up the next town over. When you needed a hunting or fishing item, you went to the store. Now it’s online and Amazon. Sad. 

what town?

4 hours ago, bucky said:

Sears sold guns back in the good old days , my brother had a Sears / Ted Williams model 300 semi auto 12 ga. and I got my first daisy BB gun from there . We couldn't wait for the new Sears catalog to arrive every year so we could look at all the hunting stuff and pick out our Christmas presents

My father was not into hunting, fishing nor guns. The first place I headed for in Sears was the sporting goods department.

I asked my father, who was Ted Williams? His reply: "Some guy that played baseball." HOLY COW!!!

PS. I couldn't wait for the Sears catalog either but for other reasons.......hahahaha! Closest thing to a playboy mag. lol